News: Hasler: Make field wider

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Manly coach Des Hasler has proposed widening the width of rugby league fields in a bid to cut down on the number of collision-related injuries decimating the NRL's playing ranks.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5471-hasler-make-field-wider.html">Read the full article</a>

he is really getting it out there lately. Definately worth consideration however I cant see all stadiums able to accomodate it

A clash of ideas.

The cheating scum storm coach makes his field shorter....its just he doesnt let anyone know about it.

Des's demeanour seems much more relaxed this year than the last two years. Appears to be rubbing off on the players too. Can't imagine why!

This is not the answer---i mean you could reduce each team by one or two players having the same affect without increasing the dimensions----a silly simple lack of thought idea not worth printing.

Interchanges increases intensity---increased intensity increases the amount of high impact tackles due to a fresh stream of players every 20min.

You either reduce the interchange forcing teams to pace themselves more lowering the overall intensity or increase the numbers on the bench that can be interchanged to compensate for the higher intensity that the current interchange levels allow.

Technical Coach link said:
This is not the answer---i mean you could reduce each team by one or two players having the same affect without increasing the dimensions----a silly simple lack of thought idea not worth printing.

Gee, you're a fan of Dessie's work aren't you???  :eek:

Technical Coach link said:

Interchanges increases intensity---increased intensity increases the amount of high impact tackles due to a fresh stream of players every 20min.

You either reduce the interchange forcing teams to pace themselves more lowering the overall intensity or increase the numbers on the bench that can be interchanged to compensate for the higher intensity that the current interchange levels allow.
You really don't understand Des's sense of humour, do you?

Wonder if Warren Ryan will pick up on it on the weekend?

That is Ryan has been banging on for years about opening the game up by reducing the number of players in each team by two.

Maybe TC is really Warren Ryan?

Why do we even comment on **** like this....Yes Dessie widen Brookie up to the seated area on teh hill.

F@rk me our media manager is right up there

Phantar link said:
[quote author=Bones link=topic=187182.msg328499#msg328499 date=1301392221]
Canberra won't agree to this... Orford will never find touch.
Maybe they could graft Mal Meninga's legs onto Matty's torso?
[/quote]

For the dogs its still not enough,they need 10 metres wider and 20 longer to contain hodkos horrid kicks

I think des has lost it with this one

I think Des is showing the RL is not a static set of rules and the we shouldn't be afraid of new ideas. Sure this one might not be a great idea, but the fact that he is throwing around ideas is positive, shows he and the team are not going to be as insular as last year, that they are more relaxed and importantly they have a sense of humor.

I can only hope that it rubs of on the on the field performances, I remember 2008 when it looked like the players were loving every minute of the game, they were enjoying playing and every time one of them would achieve anything the whole team would celebrate. It is starting to feel that way again, and that it a very good sign.

It's a contact sport and theses things will happen. The guys are getting bigger, stronger and faster so the hits will hurt more. Maybe reducing the inter change is the way to try combat it if at all possible.

I think Rusty's point is spot on. A lot of that may be due to the fact Brett Stewart's case is done and dusted and he is back on the field. I've no doubt that the stress Brett went through had far more effect on the team than simply missing his on-field brilliance. I think the current enjoyment of playing is reflected in the attitude to defence, and it augers well for a very successful season.

Des' idea has merit, although not as practical as the idea of reducing teams to 12 men (which was suggested yesterday on an earlier post by some genius).

He is thinking laterally, and should be commended.

Why not switch the way we play put the try lines down the side and have them run across the field instead of end to end

Nappa link said:
[quote author=Technical Coach link=topic=187182.msg328473#msg328473 date=1301384564]

Gee, you're a fan of Dessie's work aren't you???  :eek:
[/quote]

Maybe TC is actually Petee Sharp and still mad Des took his job and is doing a fantastic job of it.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8