News: Hasler makes ref apology demand

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Frustrated Manly coach Des Hasler has demanded referees front players and offer face-to-face apologies for game-changing mistakes.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5103-hasler-makes-ref-apology-demand.html">Read the full article</a>

Refs make mistakes every game and that will never change.  All Des is doing is deflecting the heat off his coaching which has seen us lose most second halfs this year.

Des needs to give the supprters a chance to front him about why we play like champions in the first 30-40 minutes and then fade away in the second half.

love an explanation why he signed Chris Bailey to a 3 year 600 grand contract. Why does his team seem so lost for ideas during a game. What changes is he going to implement for next year to "freshen" up this years squad.

That would be great.

tookey link said:
Refs make mistakes every game and that will never change.  All Des is doing is deflecting the heat off his coaching which has seen us lose most second halfs this year.

Des needs to give the supprters a chance to front him about why we play like champions in the first 30-40 minutes and then fade away in the second half.

Ongoing injury may have a lot to do with that.
Plus, I have not seen a team look and seem this fit, and unfit in a long time (maybe in the Grant Wooden days).

Don't know, I reckon Donny Singe has something to answer for this year.

tookey link said:

Bloody hell,ur a game man!Saying something bad about Des on a Manly based forum.You'll be hung,drawn and quartered.Too bad that that they are the questions we all want answered."Des gave us '08".. but they forget this is '10.

Darren link said:
love an explanation why he signed Chris Bailey to a 3 year 600 grand contract. 
He didn't. Not sure why this untruth keeps getting put about. When we signed him the amount was reported and it was a hell of a long way short of that figure.

Des is doing the club no favours by making such a ridiculous demand. All it will do is reinforce the Manly are a***holes mentality that they already hold. jbb/james raised good issues in his post (chicken/egg stuff) and I agree with his thoughts. I am not saying I disagree with Des but nothing good will come from asking refs to personally apologise to players imo.

Jatz Crackers link said:
Two different issues entirely. Are you blokes bored or just dopey this week ?

Ahhh someone else that found themselves scratching their head.

I know we think that ALL the calls that are bad,are just against us,but I'm sure other teams have similar tales of woe.A rorters mate was saying they've won 2 penalty counts all year-that's poor.
Maybe the refs will apologise the same day that the scum directors,coaches,and players retire.
This just makes Des look like a poor sport.Time to have a good look at home,I'd say.

Darren link said:
love an explanation why he signed Chris Bailey to a 3 year 600 grand contract. Why does his team seem so lost for ideas during a game. What changes is he going to implement for next year to \"freshen\" up this years squad.

That would be great.

Trent Hodkinson is the reason for our lack of imagination,we have a 6 forced to cover 6 and 7,imo put rose in the 7 and we'd have more go forward and the same imagination in plays as we currently have

ManlyBacker link said:
Des is doing the club no favours by making such a ridiculous demand. All it will do is reinforce the Manly are a***holes mentality that they already hold. jbb/james raised good issues in his post (chicken/egg stuff) and I agree with his thoughts. I am not saying I disagree with Des but nothing good will come from asking refs to personally apologise to players imo.

Judging by the online papers,this is REALLY helping our cause.It is making us a laughing stock!

Darren link said:
love an explanation why he signed Chris Bailey to a 3 year 600 grand contract. Why does his team seem so lost for ideas during a game. What changes is he going to implement for next year to \"freshen\" up this years squad.

That would be great.

Should have used that money on Groomey aye mate ;)

cmon Kiwi, why do you keep plucking 1 kid that "many" wrote about. I could only write what I/we saw! He went from a champion junior half to nothing. I don't know why he didn't kick on. The step up from juniors to nrl is massive,  the % being under 10 to 1st grade.

I definitely go out on a limb to mention talented kids we have. I also mentioned Tony Williams (jury out) Jarred (seems to be stepping up) Tasi (seems to have all the attributes) I curently think hooker Liam Higgins is quality, I wrote about Oldfield, Cunningham seems to be doing well.

I just like winding you up over that one Darren

But while we discuss him. When he was released, this forum went crazy, people were calling for Hasler, Toovey and Crusher's heads on a platter, but guess what, it turned out that those blokes actually do have some sort of clue about footy.

Yet everything I ready at the moment, there isn't a person in the club with any idea about footy, the only one's that are in the know are on here. It gets tiring topic after topic.

Part of the annoyance of reading some things is that people post speculation as fact, so I will relate this one back to your original post as well. Were you sitting in on the contract signing where Bailey got 200k ?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I just like winding you up over that one Darren

But while we discuss him. When he was released, this forum went crazy, people were calling for Hasler, Toovey and Crusher's heads on a platter, but guess what, it turned out that those blokes actually do have some sort of clue about footy.

Yet everything I ready at the moment, there isn't a person in the club with any idea about footy, the only one's that are in the know are on here. It gets tiring topic after topic.

Part of the annoyance of reading some things is that people post speculation as fact, so I will relate this one back to your original post as well. Were you sitting in on the contract signing where Bailey got 200k ?

Regardless,the guy is a waste of oxygen on the hallowed turf of brookie oval

too true kiwi, I think I type with abit of emotion, more about wanting the team to be 2008 as well as a stream of kids ready to slot in. You are correct in us needing to not get caught up in dollars and cents, just when you have the cream, you keep wanting it, not the dregs (and no, not Bailey  ;D)

98% of those on here have the passion and emotion mate, nothing wrong with that

I used to get stuck into things heaps more about footy, but 2008 changed that tbh, I still get the enjoyment and disappointment out of it, but it ain't the be all and end all these days for me

With what we have had on the park at times, we have had a reasonable year.

Many are forgetting Des's nickname when he was playing . . . "Sorry". Of course he wants everyone to apologise...
Really he is being tongue in cheek, and he has managed to highlight an issue without copping a 10 grand fine. So what if we are a laughing stock in online papers? What's new? I think the officials will be double checking all close calls in our remaining games this year, and I'm sure that was Des's motivation all along. 

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8