News: Hasler wary of Smith's Sharks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Manly coach Des Hasler fears mercurial half-back Tim Smith is ready to transform Cronulla into a potent attacking force ahead of Sunday's clash at Brookvale Oval.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4699-hasler-wary-of-smiths-sharks.html">Read the full article</a>

We struggled to beat the Sharks last year at Brookie and probably deserved to lose. We got out of gaol. Des is right to be wary.

Pretty sure last time the Sharks broke a long losing sequence they went on to win 4 in a row. Momentum is a huge thing in the game these days. Luckily we have some too. we need to start well and get on top early so they do not get any big ideas.

I recall they beat us the year before last on the bell.  First game of that season if my memory serves me.

I was watching footage from the (1st) 78 GF the other night, it's on the Fibros & Silvertails dvd, the game was so different then but we had some awesome players in our team. The Sharks always lift a few gears against Manly, it's as though they don't like us, no idea why. . .

I was hoping that Manly would have bought Tim Smith or Carney for the number 7 spot, ce le vie.

I don't know what Des is worried about, i don't see us losing this one.

Sharks always front up against us. They nearly got us last year at Brookie, except they had a player sent off (Luke Douglas ??) and we still only managed to scrape home against 12 men. In 2008 they knocked us off in the first round of the comp at Brookie.

I want to see us play like we did against them in the return clash in 2008, where we went to Shark Park and absolutely dominated them in a high energy, intense and committed display, especially through the forwards. It really kicked off our run home in that season, culminating in a record breaking run through the finals. If we play like that again then Tim Smith will be wishing he stayed in Qld Cup.

I'm a little nervous, but seeing as it is our return to Brookie for 2010 the guys should be pumped, and a bumper crowd should fire them up even more. Perhaps we could get Hoppa and Keith Galloway to provide the pre-match entertainment in the Octagon.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7