News: Hasler wins Blues-coach votes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>A COLLECTION of former NSW Origin players believe Des Hasler could easily handle the Blues’ coaching duties, if incumbent Craig Bellamy were to give it up today.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4439-hasler-wins-blues-coach-votes.html">Read the full article</a>

New South Wales Rugby League is expected tomorrow to announce the Blues' coach for the 2010 State of Origin Series.

Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy has coached the Blues for the past two years, with Queensland winning both series.

Bellamy has declined to say whether he will have the job for another year but says an announcement is expected tomorrow.

Melbourne Storm mentor Craig Bellamy will coach New South Wales for a third consecutive State of Origin series in 2010.

Bellamy has overseen two series losses in charge of the Blues, including this year's historic fourth straight win for Darren Lockyer-led Queensland.

NSW Rugby League boss Geoff Carr says the Blues have faith in Bellamy to bring about a change in fortunes next campaign.

"Craig showed what a true professional he is in the way he handled the rigours of State of Origin football while still managing to guide the Melbourne Storm to their third premiership," he said in a statement.

"Craig is a fierce competitor and an outstanding coach and it's terrific he has come on board again for 2010."

Meanwhile Gold Coast coach John Cartwright has been appointed to lead City Origin.

abc.net.au

ManlyBacker link said:
NSW Rugby League boss Geoff Carr says the Blues have faith in Bellamy to bring about a change in fortunes next campaign.
I could coach them long enough and eventually win a series!!
An independent coach is what is needed, but I suppose NSW will win one day and they will all be praising the Gimp's great strength, resilience etc etc.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6