News: He’ll be a new man

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<div class="content-item">MANLY back Shane Neumann has vowed to repay coach Des Hasler’s faith in him by helping the Sea Eagles get their season off the ground against the Knights in Newcastle tomorrow afternoon. With Jamie Lyon out, Neumann is likely to revert back to his usual centre position at EnergyAustralia Stadium despite being named on the wing.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/hell-be-a-new-man.html">Read the full article</a>

He is a deadset worry, at least at centre you shouldn't be required to catch too many kicks

Dare I say it "god help us"

He's probably a nice guy but in circumstances like we are in is there no one else???

To be honest, althought I death rode him last week and rightly so. What let him down was his catching, in centre he shouldnt have to do that, and I feel so sorry for the guy I am happy to give him another go

The only way is up for Hello, surely he can't put in two performances in a row that pathetic.

Neumann's selection is shocking news.

No-one wants to see Wheel naked ('cept Wheel).

and his dog poofy or kujo or whatever it is called :)

Fluffy link said:
i wonder whether he has ever played on the wing in his entire footballing career

Yeah pretty sure he has.  In his 1st year with us I think I remember him playing a number of games on the wing.  Was either in Flegg or PL.

I just hope they stick some industrial strength double sided tape to his hands. Might not be able to pass the ball but he sure wont drop it either  :eek:

Garts link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=179963.msg217153#msg217153 date=1238752565]
i wonder whether he has ever played on the wing in his entire footballing career

Yeah pretty sure he has.  In his 1st year with us I think I remember him playing a number of games on the wing.  Was either in Flegg or PL.
[/quote]

He was captain of Flegg as a centre and was killing it.

never saw him on the win that year

whether hes played wing or not is irrelevant. Lets face it.. some of the balls he dropped... were not even hard. Regulation catches and he put them down. 6 errors is beyond a joke and there wasnt any real difficult ones.

The worst one which probably wont count as an error but certainly made me laugh was near the end when Orford knocked it on or batted it forward.. and Neumann just went to pick it up and just stumbled over it...

Im happy to see him have a go in the centres.. in better conditions maybe he will be better.. who knows.. but never again on the wing.. anyone who saw that game will just target him

KaZa link said:
whether hes played wing or not is irrelevant. Lets face it.. some of the balls he dropped... were not even hard.

Come on, in those conditions, everything was hard. He wasn't the only one to drop the ball - we had a 37% completion rate in the second half. Nuemann wasn't the cause of every single set of six where we made an error. He had a bad game, no one will argue with that, but that happens, and he did it in some of the most difficult conditions you can face as a winger.

And he copped a rough call or two along the way as well. The one off the drop-out in the first half, where Orford couldn't quite reach/catch the ball, and half-batted it back to Neumann, who also knocked it backwards, was incorrectly called a knock-on. The angle of the camera made it look like it went forward, but replays showed otherwise.

It's a small thing, and doesn't excuse the rest of the errors he made, but I think people are overreacting and putting everything on him because we lost what we would have considered to be an unloseable game last season.

It's April. We'll recover. We all know it. The rest of the comp knows it. Do you really think there is a team out there in the NRL who has taken Manly off the teams they will be facing in September? No f*cking way. We'll be there, sure and certain.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Oh don't worry they will target him, wouldn;t you if you were the oposition coach???
He had a very unfortunate game last week, but do you really think Des would select him if he did not believe he was up to standard? 

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=179963.msg217217#msg217217 date=1238806771]
Oh don't worry they will target him, wouldn;t you if you were the oposition coach???
He had a very unfortunate game last week, but do you really think Des would select him if he did not believe he was up to standard? 
[/quote]

he really has little choice

Des had no problem selecting him to start ahead of Lyon last season against Penrith in the centres, and he played a very good 1st 20mins. No reason to toss him aside after 1 poor game

If everybody on here was flicked off to the side after 1 bad post the site would be dead :D

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6