News: Hopoate's selection in Blues squad hasn't changed his mind

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rusty

Bencher
SURPRISE NSW State of Origin representative Will Hopoate says his selection in the Blues squad for game two won’t change his decision to spend two years working as a missionary for his mormon church.

Read the full article

I don't think he will back out either. Maybe in his 1st year he might miss the game and come back if we are lucky, but he seems pretty devoted to the mission.

Isn't there anything we can do? Maybe get the missionary thing
Moved to the back of Warriewood somewhere, if he plays well
In SOO 2, he will be our highest profile player, great for the game
Clean cut well spoken, no misdemeanors like choc, even Galloot
Might like him, and he's going,this really is a major loss......

Will Hopoate could raise more awareness for The Mormon faith as a celebrity, than he would hiding away for two years.

Well done.

I am pleased that Manly appears to have accepted his decision with good grace. I can understand the desperation some fans will feel to not let this kid slip away from us but the fact he sees more in life than footy is a huge plus for him personally, and the fact our club accepts this is a huge plus for the club - and also probably helps our chance of getting him back when he is ready.

This is not about whether his religion is good or right, nor about the best way for him to pomote his religion. It is about young Hoppa, who so far seems as impressive off the field as he is on it. Well done Hoppa (from a notorious atheist!)

We may need to have a banner at Brookvale to let him know that the fans want him to stay:
'Hoppa, serve the Lord by how you play the game of life, not by what you say in life.'
I know it is a bit deep, but I think you may get my drift...

How about this Captainskin:
"How best to serve the Lord is a very tricky thing -
is it at fullback, centre or the wing?"
lol

They must be some mighty comfy magic undies Wills got to throw away a promising career for, I mean I die for everyone's sins and I can't even get get Catholics to attend church regularly, the Mormons rope kids in with under garments and they show extreme loyalty in there faith, I told dad we should have bought bonds shares.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
This is not about whether his religion is good or right, nor about the best way for him to pomote his religion. It is about young Hoppa, who so far seems as impressive off the field as he is on it. Well done Hoppa (from a notorious atheist!)

Well said SER8... at last!
It's not about promoting his faith.... it's about Hoppa AND his faith!

Rubbish guys. The mission is based on the book of Mark 16:15. Look that up, and tell me Will couldn't administer that ethos as a well known celebrity in Rugby League.

Thank you.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7