News: How club laws threaten Manly peace

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>A CONSTITUTIONAL brick wall is standing between war and peace at Manly, with owner Max Delmege unable to exercise his overwhelming board majority to put the freeze on fellow proprietor Scott Penn. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/3933-how-club-laws-threaten-manly-peace.html">Read the full article</a>

The remaining three directors are split between the Manly DRLFC (two) and Manly Leagues Club (one). Football club director Kerry Sibarra resigned yesterday, but his replacement will be a Delmege supporter. Penn's only hope of securing true control is for the football club board to be overthrown at its election later this year and then buy Delmege out.

Why would Penn think that even if there is change of the Football Club board they would then automatically support the Penn family?

For a person that stated that he doesn't want this played out in the media Penn sure isn't backwards when it comes to providing more fodder for the press. Albeit is probably a few points behind Delmege when it comes to providing quotes to the press he is rapidly gaining ground.

Just why he does it leaves somewhat bewildered, is he trying to garner public support for his bid?, if so he has probably overlooked the fact that the in reality there are only 600 odd people that really matter, the members of the FC.

Based on my on my own vox pops of the past few weeks I can let you in a little secret Scott, the members love Grant Mayer but they are becoming very tired of the antics of both yourself & Max and if you think that a change in the FC board will automatically give you the control you are seeking you may just want to have a rethink!

Agree it wouldn't all go Penns way.

Pete, why do you do you prefer Delmege over the Penn's?

Don't believe I have ever offered an opinion about my preference for either party, I simply do not know all the facts from either side to make an informed decision.

What I do know is that both parties are making Manly looking amateurish, foolish and a laughing stock in the general RL world. Both their ego's are out of control and it is hurting Manly.

I have seen a 7 years olds sort out their differences better than these 2. All they ever say is that we can "sort this out", all I ever read is claim and counter claim from these 2 who have stated that all they care about is what is best for Manly, yeah sure the world is also flat!

This is being played out in the media for a reason, what that is I don't know.

The last I heard was it was all going to be kept "inhouse".

We can speculate all we like BUT as Pete says, I don't want to choose either side I just want them to work it out like the adults they all are!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
This is being played out in the media for a reason, what that is I don't know.

The last I heard was it was all going to be kept \"inhouse\".

We can speculate all we like BUT as Pete says, I don't want to choose either side I just want them to work it out like the adults they all are!!
What has 'adult' got to do with it?
Attila the Hun, Hitler, Idi Amin... adults one and all.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
.... I don't want to choose either side I just want them to work it out like the adults they all are!!

these adults should all toddle off to join the sharks, at least then they could play with some adult products.

If Gould and Stuart can sit down and have a day together sorting things out over something less important, why can't these bastards do the same !!

It's all about the money, that's why.  Penn doesn't want to pay, and Max is asking a lot.  The difference is 3 million.   

Why does penn want the majority of the board?

Does he want changes that would not normally get through unless he owned the vote?

Sibra mentioned there was a push from one of the factions to make changes to the constitution, Penn wants control of the board, are these related?

Is the fire where there is smoke, does he really want to move to Gosford and want to change the constitution?

Or is it just i can piss higher than you?

I do no know but i am worried about Penn, in general where there is smoke there is water. At least with Max you know we are staying at brookie, even if its fighting norths in PL.

What about buying the leagues club i hear you think? Well i read that the purchase of $7.5M is expected to double within 5 - 10 years on property value alone.

Max is being a tool, Penn isnt far behind but i trust him less.

I wish i could win a $40M lottery and buy both out.

do you think any nephew of peter peters is going to move us to the cc???????

Noone can move us anywhere but Brookie except by 75% vote of the football club. That whole issue is a furphy. The colours stay maroon and white and the name is Manly.

Nothing can happen unless the club goes broke or fails to meet the NRL criteria. Every time Max gets into trouble he brings out the old chestnut of wanting to keep Manly at Manly, implying that Penn or others have alternative agendas.

We need to be as financially secure as possible and the squabbling is not helping at all. All parties should be seen as moving in the one direction. Fight as much as they want behind closed doors but for goodness sakes, put up a united front publically and get our club away from the front pages. Let the football do the talking.

The question is when are they going to put their egos aside ? cause at this rate if Max & Penn keep heading down this path the damage could be a whole lot worse than what it already is.

Surely they must know what damage they are doing to the club that they claim they love sad times for us supporters.  :mad: :(

Fluffy link said:
CW this wasnt Max
Fluffy - did you read Sibraa's letter? The football club appears miffed that the club has taken their mantel away - people now join the Sea Eagles as members rather than the football club. His perspective is that the Football Club is the group that keeps Manly at Manly.

Does anyone actually realise that we are currently midway through a season, or has all this **** totally dulled what should have been a really exciting title defense.

This season, with the teams performance and infighting has been about as interesting as line dancing

Perhaps it would be best if the two FC members were completely un-aligned, and held the balance of power. 

Matabele link said:
Perhaps it would be best if the two FC members were completely un-aligned, and held the balance of power. 
Exactly right. But to be realistic, on any issue they will have an opinion. It is obvious that Penn is on the wrong side of the fence as far as the FC members are concerned on most issues and without pointing fingers my guess is that it probably comes down to a lack of negotiation skills. But it didn't stop the same individuals backing him regarding the League Club sale.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4