News: Inside the Party That Went Wrong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
<p>IT was supposed to celebrate a premiership - and their new status as world champions.</p><p>Instead, Manly's boozy season launch on a sparkling Friday afternoon ended with a sponsor being restrained from fighting representative backrower Anthony Watmough.</p><p>As the exclusive pictures show, Sea Eagles forwards Glenn Hall and Glenn Stewart were forced to hold back burly landscape gardener Paul Durazza, who claims Watmough "punched" him after insulting his 21-year-old daughter. Watmough last night broke his silence on the issue to vehemently deny the sponsor's claims.</p><p>"I was defending myself - there are 100 witnesses to prove it," he said.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/inside-the-party-that-went-wrong.html">Read the full article</a>

A consistent underlying cause for the creation and escalation of these problems? Booze?  Yes  Egos?  Yes.  Emotive reactions?  Yes.  Poor management of situations?  Yes

But more fundamentally:

The media. Sharks circling a pool of fish are not there because of friendship.

I can see this as a very simple misunderstanding. I myself have witnessed many incidents in a school context where the same thing is alleged. "I pushed him!' and "He hit me!' are not far apart and it is only a degree of force that separates it. Had Watmough wanted to flatten the guy, he probably could have.

In the end, this would hardly be a story, bar the events that followed with another of our star players.

Mind you, the article states that Max Delmege inflamed the situation by his comments, though it could have been Mayer, who is incorrectly quoted as Max???

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6