News: Joey backs Lyon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>BLUES captain-in-waiting Kurt Gidley and NSW legend Andrew Johns are both convinced Manly centre Jamie Lyon wants to play for his state. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/joey-backs-lyon.html">Read the full article</a>

And from abc.net.au:

New South Wales coach Craig Bellamy says Manly centre Jamie Lyon is likely to play some representative football this year.

Lyon had requested an exemption from representative selection but attended the Blues induction day at Sydney's Olympic stadium today after being named in a preliminary 40-man NSW squad.

Canberra pair Alan Tongue and Terry Campese did not travel to meet the rest of the squad due to illness.

Bellamy says there is no reason for Lyon not to be picked.

"He was here so I'm thinking that's a fair sign that he might want to play now," he said.

"Before he gets to Origin he'll be either be picked for Australia or he'll be picked for New South Wales Country and we'll see what happens from there."

Captain in waiting "Kurt Gidley"

WTF is there some contract running with Newcastle that a Knights player has to be captain. No way is Kurt Gidley an NSW captain nor do I think he should be a regular Blues player

The way he ran around the park on Sunday against the tigers is a justification of that. He didn't do much at all and made a few errors hence the capitulation of the Knights and loss to the Tigers.

Kidley thing is a joke.

On Lyon, would be good to see him do what he wants to do. Addtionally, I read the headline Joey backs Lyon and instantly thought "Lion eats Joey". If only....

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2