News: Kieran Foran ia a Fulton clone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
WHEN Sea Eagles stalwart Peter "Zorba" Peters was asked this week for an opinion on 20-year-old Kiwi sensation Kieran Foran, he offered up an astonishing comparison. "I was lucky enough to go to school with Bob Fulton and I watched him come through," Peters said. "This kid, he reminds me so much of Bozo."

Read the full article

Moondog said:
A Fulton clone.... good thing he so level headed, would'nt want to put too much pressure on the kid.

He seems to be handling the pressure very well atm, unlike some other certain playmakers in the comp that got big heads and turned to ****.

He seems to be quoted in the media almost on a daily basis lately, hopefully that will settle down a bit and he can be shielded a bit in the lead up to the finals. I'm sure the club is encouraging him at this stage because he is a massive plus for marketing Manly. So many people I know that are not Manly fans have expressed how impressed they are with him. Same with Snake actually, if this keeps up we may not even be most-hated any more.

Yep having Foran on all the tv footy shows, in the paper and the net is exactly what the club needs to bring in good sponsors.

Look, Foran's pretty good, but he isn't in Fultons class. Zorba might have had one too many shandies before that comment.

My only question is if he stick's around for life with us where is he's stand going to go?

And also can we add this the Choc Watmough Beer Shed?

Fulton must have been pretty bloody good!! :p

Jokes aside - What ive seen on my Seaeagles highlight reels Bozo looked more explosive with pace & maybe more evasive running style but Foz plays more direct -maybe more physical, he will mould into his own star player & not need comparisons.

Hard to find film clips of Fulton. Check the available footage from our 72 and 73 grand finals.

Here is one I found where he is involved in a try but also makes an error, just to keep the rose coloured view in perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW3X2YJM8vU

He would have been maybe 18 years old at that time?

But he is the best player I've ever seen, and certainly toughness was a quality he had in bucketloads.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Hard to find film clips of Fulton. Check the available footage from our 72 and 73 grand finals.

Here is one I found where he is involved in a try but also makes an error, just to keep the rose coloured view in perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW3X2YJM8vU

He would have been maybe 18 years old at that time?

But he is the best player I've ever seen, and certainly toughness was a quality he had in bucketloads.

From memory he was 14 stone which was pretty solid for a back in those days. Hard to compare players of different eras however I still think of him as the best.

I remember that freaky intercept by Gasnier vividly. Couldn't believe it at the time because Fulton was as close to a no-mistake player as they come.

The greatest similarity between Fulton and Foran is their sheer unadulterated competitiveness. Their toughness comes a close second. Fulton was explosive off the mark, strong swerve and good step, outstanding defence, consistent week-to-week, fantastic balance, strong, rarely tackled to the ground. The other error by Fulton that stands out was his missed tackle of Alan Maddalena in a game that led to a late Newtown try. From memory that same day Fulton scored/set up one or two himself and Manly won reasonably comfortably something like 19-12 I think. It says something that his errors were so unexpected that they're so memorable.

Fulton moved into playmaking at 5/8 later on in his career, around the mid-70s. Foran is starting out there. Fulton, all of the above from Rex, plus that freakish x-factor: when he chipped and chased the ball inevitably bounced for him, he always seemed to turn up just when the gap was opening up (if he didn't just make it himself). And the word scintillating should have been retired with him.

Chip and Chase said:
Look, Foran's pretty good, but he isn't in Fultons class. Zorba might have had one too many shandies before that comment.

Remember that Zorba has said he reminds him of a Fulton before he got to league stardom - Zorba grew up with Fulton so he saw him develop to the player he is remember as. Foran is only starting the journey, he is only 20 (TWENTY!) of course he is not going to be in Fulton's class - Fulton had a whole career to show what class he is in.

I think maybe you need to put his comment in perspective - My opinion is Foran is on the threshold of league stardom - -i hope Zorba is right!

TIME WILL TELL......

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6