News Limited Cr@p

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
I know it would be suicide at the moment, but how much sh1t do we, Manly, have to put up with from this mobs bull**** reporting, before we ban the stupid d1ckheads altogether.

DRug cheats, Brett Stewart...Jamie Lyon leaving it goes on and on and on.

Talk about partners in the game not acting in a manner that promotes the game. The ARLC should take action and pull theses idiots in and remind them what sport pays their wages....

Channel 9 included with your SBW...OMG....

WGAF

The bottom line is that Manly hating sells news papers. These guys get off on this too, the reality is that no one from the club will bother with news. News have never got over that we told them where they could stick their super league.

The venom coming out of Rothtool is all about his fishfingers always coming up short in big games against us.

Kent and bourbon becky, just appeal to the lowest common denominator.

They love to publish half truths and live off inuendo and heresay. Their articles are always good for a laugh.

Remember every time we win a game we seriously piss them off, long may it continue.

I can tell you that in reaction to the negative and false stories written up that Perry has decided to ceased its sponsorship with News Ltd. (which came in the form of News Local, aka the Manly Daily).

The trouble is that their stupidity informs the opinions of the masses. This is true not just in sports "journalism" but in all forms of communication presented to the general population. Their prejudices are fed, their fears are preyed upon and they feel vindicated in completely irrational views because the wide ranging effect of this trash gives them a sense of justification in numbers.

Simply ignoring the commercial & mainstream media does not hide you from the regurgitation of it's views and it certainly does not protect you from the effects of its ideas becoming the reality of the non-thinking masses. The corporates are lining their pockets, the hate mongers are fueling their fires.

I can't help but notice the irony that seems to be lost on most Manly fans that this is the one instance of them being on the other side of the fence and how much outrage it causes them.

I find it funny how many on here can see through the tele when it comes to manly but appear to accept its political views pretty easily

lsz said:
I find it funny how many on here can see through the tele when it comes to manly but appear to accept its political views pretty easily

What, that the DT hammers sh1t NSW/Fed governments? Seems to be an easy target and the public were already aware of them.

Hamster Huey said:
lsz said:

What, that the DT hammers sh1t NSW/Fed governments? Seems to be an easy target and the public were already aware of them.

What, just like Manly are a pack of cheats and arseholes that the rugby league public are already aware of?
There's that lost irony again.

What duff said

I really enjoy their fair and balance coverage of climate change, especially when they have to print retractions on page 38 in fine print

Duff said:
Hamster Huey said:
lsz said:

What, just like Manly are a pack of cheats and arseholes that the rugby league public are already aware of?
There's that lost irony again.

You don't need to set the trend when the public is already buying the idea. Both yourself and Isz appear to forget the DT is just a reflection of the market it sells to.

The easy sell for the DT is that the NSW govt is a failure (no matter your persuasion), the Feds are stuffing NSW around and that in Rugby League it's cool to hate Manly. Want facts? Dig around elsewhere.

Ultimately they're in the business of staying in business and their lean to the 'popular' point of view (left or right, depending on what Joe Public indicates an interest in) is likely to keep them around longer than an organisation with a more narrow demographic or sense of self-importance on issues that simply aren't at the top of the majority of peoples lives.

Pretty sure we are singing from the same hym sheet

The same peopel who complain about Manly getting a bashing are happy to support other populist bashing (I never thought i would see a thread supporting Rebecca Wilson on here)

If the Telecrap is just a 'reflection' of the market it sells to, then no wonder the planet is in the state its in.

Don't stop @ New Limited, speaking of hymn sheets, throw in the Catholic Church, any other 'organisations' allowed to 'self police', ie most of the religions, the Islamic world, the oil industry, etc etc . . . talk about destructive delusions.

Hold your heads high Manly Fans, we'll be throwing the gauntlet down pretty hard, come September.

There is only one goal for that newspaper , and that is to sell.

Manly bashing is popular with its targeted readership in Western Sydney - where literacy levels are also lower.

Stick with The Manly Daily ;)

lsz said:
(I never thought i would see a thread supporting Rebecca Wilson on here)

Why not? If she's right, she's right.
Why is this board full of Labor apologists? There is evidence to show this Labor Govt is inept but we have no evidence of any drug cheating and match fixing.

It's so damn obvious that this whole circus was flung onto the sporting community, as a distraction.
If you choose to be ignorant by ignoring the facts, fine. But don't have a crack at those that believe this is nothing more than a giant stunt.

Those who believe the media reflects, rather than shapes, public opinion are putty in their hands.

A puppet that's convinced it's in control is still a puppet.

Rex said:
Those who believe the media reflects, rather than shapes, public opinion are putty in their hands.

This is Exactly my original point.
If the morons stopped being told to hate Manly, most would soon forget about it. They'd think that Manly don't seem that bad any more, but they're not sure why.

Papers do not reflect. They and all commercial media manipulate the market into doing what is best for their owners & their advertisers.
Politics, environmental issues, cultural issues & sport are all given the treatment.

As Manly fans we are on the receiving end of the big stick. I'm just saying some of you deserve it.

Wamf my views on politics are not formed by the tele (and would be aired on places other than a footy forum)

All I am saying is I found it ironic

I support the Sex Party, have my tv and radios permanently set to the ABC and the first site I go to each morning for my news is the SMH. Well it's a toss between that and The Huffington Post.

Cheers.

Duff said:
Rex said:

This is Exactly my original point.
If the morons stopped being told to hate Manly, most would soon forget about it. They'd think that Manly don't seem that bad any more, but they're not sure why.

Papers do not reflect. They and all commercial media manipulate the market into doing what is best for their owners & their advertisers.
Politics, environmental issues, cultural issues & sport are all given the treatment.

As Manly fans we are on the receiving end of the big stick. I'm just saying some of you deserve it.

News Ltd read the writing on the wall in 2007 and backed Labor into office. Sydney outlets recognised the angst in opposition fans about Manly's methods to success in the 70's, and backed that horse to fire up the readers.

Any outlet relying on forcing 'the people' into their ideas is taking a significant risk. If the people don't come, you take a hit in readers/viewers and the sponsors move on.

If you think the media aren't largely a reflection of the market they aim for, then you've probably got a few more conspiracies to share.

I'm saying they're crazy right wing now.
If it serves them, they'll support the ALP. All they want is what serves them. Maybe Howard had a policy they disliked, maybe the corruptable elements of his government decided they didn't need to be corrupted any more.

Just ignore the media. If you think right wing policies are fair and just, vote that way. If you believe left wing policies are as such, vote that way. Just don't take the "facts" that are presented as evidence of a govts failures or successes.

Surely, and to keep this football oriented, you can see the way that what is presented to us is rubbish. They have never forgiven us for the superleague war. They are self serving and anything they present is to serve themselves. Manly are not what they make us out to be. Anything else they is the present falls under the same rules.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4