News: Lowe aims high in membership battle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Sea Eagles boss Graham Lowe said his club has pack leaders South Sydney in its sights after an increase of 3516 memberships on this time last year.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5352-lowe-aims-high-in-membership-battle.html">Read the full article</a>

Lets see if Souffs amke the Top 8 this year first.

Anyway it will be interesting to see how much membership promotion there is on Friday night and at some of the home games this year.  One thing that has amazed me is how little membership is plugged at home games, just a few annoucements at half time that no one listens to.

Should be a few offers eg all new members today go into a draw for a dressing room pass, discounts the packages provide eg if you paid $25 to get today you could have got it for $15 and get a hat as well etc etc

It's going to be difficult to get members with the membership team away until March

I'd like to see a sheet with the trialist names and gersey NUMBERS handed out at the gate to the faithful who turn up.  That'd be nice.   

Dan link said:
It's going to be difficult to get members with the membership team away until March

Great planning, no one in the membership team at the time of the year when they are needed most

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297296233[/time]

DSM5 link said:
I'd like to see a sheet with the trialist names and gersey NUMBERS handed out at the gate to the faithful who turn up.  That'd be nice.   

Maybe it could have a membership plug on it as well.  Me I am going to print up the team list from the website as I suspect there will be little info available at the game

According to Duff that would be asking too much. Just turn up, hand over your hard earned and take whatever you are given.

The Wheel link said:
Anyway it will be interesting to see how much membership promotion there is on Friday night and at some of the home games this year.  One thing that has amazed me is how little membership is plugged at home games, just a few annoucements at half time that no one listens to.

Not being smart but I have been among a whole team of people handing out membership info at Brookie at a number of games. Every one of us had a 'Are You a Manly Member' maroon Tshirt on. Generally I felt it didn't work that well. A lot of people thought it was to do with the Leagues Club, and a lot of people were obviously financially stressed and anything that promoted putting their hand in their pocket was just too much. Overall hundreds of info packs were passed out but I don't know how successful it was.

I have found that bbq & kid days seem to make folks sign up on the spot.

"Souths got the jump on us"

wonderful comments from our chief executive  :-\
Very pro-active is our Lowey
They got a couple of extra million in sponsorship too,  :D

What do you want him to say mate? What's the point of hiding from it? They are way in front of every other sydney team. Which is why the last thing we need is onother one. Go the Reds!

clontaago link said:
According to Duff that would be asking too much. Just turn up, hand over your hard earned and take whatever you are given.

That's the spirit clon.

Anything you get from then on is a bonus.

Darren link said:
\"Souths got the jump on us\"

Darren, if you're going to quote something to support your very amusing bashings of the dead horse you can at least be accurate. It was "Souths got the jump on everyone else" not  "Souths got the jump on us".

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=186400.msg314825#msg314825 date=1297292564]

Not being smart but I have been among a whole team of people handing out membership info at Brookie at a number of games. Every one of us had a 'Are You a Manly Member' maroon Tshirt on. Generally I felt it didn't work that well. A lot of people thought it was to do with the Leagues Club, and a lot of people were obviously financially stressed and anything that promoted putting their hand in their pocket was just too much. Overall hundreds of info packs were passed out but I don't know how successful it was.

I have found that bbq & kid days seem to make folks sign up on the spot.
[/quote]

Agreed.  BBQ and special fans day would be better.  Those already at the game who sit in the same place every week woud be asking why would I fork out extra money to do the same thing I've been doing for years?

[quote author=Masked Eagle  Those already at the game who sit in the same place every week woud be asking why would I fork out extra money to do the same thing I've been doing for years?
[/quote]

Because they probably don't realise it would be cheaper if they purchase a membership (not extra?)

Darren link said:

Your man Mayer was running the show when Souths got the jump ;)

I actually like this membership approach and i think the club will see great returns in a few years as Lowe mentions.

The under 9s will go to many games on their free memberships with their friends etc... some of them will have to have adults to accompany them who may just come on a one off and look after a group of them or may even buy an adult membership to go with their kids.

When the kids turn 10 they will be so used to going ot watch manly play a great birthday or xmas gift will be a full membership (GA as its cheap) thus converting them into a member for many years which should carry on until adulthood if they enjoy it.

Obviously going to the footy every 2nd week doesn't keep everyone interested but if we get them young maybe they will have a higher % of people doing so in the future.

If they convert even 10% - 20% of these free memberships i think its a great move.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Darren link=topic=186400.msg314840#msg314840 date=1297299193]

Your man Mayer was running the show when Souths got the jump ;)
[/quote]

My mate from Souths said this ..............................

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7