News: Lowe calls for NRL challenge system

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>SHATTERED Manly boss Graham Lowe last night urged the NRL to investigate a gridiron-style "coach's challenge" to stop a repeat of Sunday's dire forward pass call that cost his club victory over Parramatta on Sunday.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4650-lowe-calls-for-nrl-challenge-system.html">Read the full article</a>

So the main issue is that it's too stop start.  Even if they only had say one challenge per half each team for a total of 4 challenges?  Maybe it could be reduced to only on a point scoring scenario?
I doubt it will get much further thought.

Maybe Finch should have a hook up for every game and become the vid ref seeing as how he knows exactly which calls are correct.  Moron.  Seriously, who says that THAT pass was maybe 1m forward with the other 5m being momentum?

I just don't get the frenzy of love for the 'fast' game.  Nothing wrong with a break to review, talk, discuss, clip the young kid around the ears, boil a cuppa, line up for a beer, etc...Clubs should be in favour as they could sell more product during the break.  All tries must go to the video and forward passes judged by the video ref if they don't want 'challenges'.  Everything else is, so why not forward passes?  Finch needs to be moved on.  The 'jobs for life' mentality is rampart in the NRL. 

Personally, i think Finch should go. Look at what he's let Harrigan do to the last two Origin series.
Shane Hayne should be stood down, its unacceptable that he's the man in charge, and he walks away Scott free yet again.

Good idea in theory, but who is going to make the decision ? Not 1 of the clowns on the park would have over turned that call imo

Matabele link said:
Good idea.  It seems he has been perusing our forums and cherry-picking our ideas?

Even if it's his idea or not. At least he's taken it onboard.

I think I remember Des wanting a gridiron type "video ref" last year.

I'm all for it as long as there is a cost to stop frivolous challenges.  In the NFL an unsuccessful challenge results in the loss of a time out which is quite a high cost if you understand the game.  The same could be achieved with an unsuccessful challenge losing 1-2 interchanges.  Only problem would be late in a game where all interchanges are used up - if it's close they may lose a golden point interchange or it could even carry over into the following week. 

It should be like the cricket where on field decisions are only overturned when there is compelling evidence.  That way it might stop challenges for waste of time things. 

Good idea though, why didn't I suggest that? ;)

If you convince the refs not to send every single try for video review the game wont go for any longer when 2-3 more video decisions come in. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2