News: Lowe to land CEO job

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="content-item" />
<p>FORMER Sea Eagles coach Graham Lowe is set to be named Manly CEO tomorrow night.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4406-lowe-to-land-ceo-job.html">Read the full article</a>

The Gronk link said:
20 bucks to anyone who can prove Lowe>Mayer

since you haven't set parameters around that I'll take that $20 on a technicality :)

Lowe was at one time and probably still is a better footy coach than mayer is. That is how he is better ha ha.

But another reason he is better is because all factions agree on him as CEO and he therefore stops the fighting, that therefore makes him better at this stage.

Great retirement fund for the ol' fossil. Can't wait to see what new innovation, added playing roster, and new sponsors he's going to bring like we have seen at both The Bulldogs and Parramatta. Heck, Osborne even got a commitment from govt. to invest 20+ million at Parra Stadium.

I'm sure Lowe will bring these assets to the table. LoL

This is what happens when you have ex-footy players, and failed business men making decisions for the club.

One step forward - 10 steps back. How old IS this bloke by the way? I thought he stopped doing business after he made that failed investment in The Warriors?

Did he ever get over whatever it was that forced him to quit from our coaching roster in the first place?

All in all way I am flabbergasted but not surprised.  I wish him good luck in the role, I hope I am astonished by the results he achieves (one way or the other).

The press release that announces Lowe's appoitment will make for interesting reading, I wonder how they will be sugar coating his abilities to run a $11m pa operation.

Having the support of the 2 owners is one thing, running the business is something quite different.

He will be pleased as he no longer needs to post his CV out 1,000 times a year as he has done for the past 20 years.

If he is so good why hasn't anyone else picked him up as their CEO since he left the Warriors?

Rumour has it the first thing he is going to do a change our name to Maori Warringah, the emblem will now be a sheepgull and maroon and white sheepskin coats, uggh boots and inflatable sheep will be the only merchandise items sold.  

All people from New Zealand will be admitted free to home and away games and lamb pies and sheeps balls in gravy will now be sold at brookvale oval.

I hope that I am proven wrong but I think that we are now in for a few lean years and only Des' coaching skills will be able to save us.  

It is one thing to hire someone who will supposedly have the agreeement of all the factions but it can never hide the fact that the delmege and Penn camps dislike each oither and having two owners will never work.

kingyfan link said:
I hope that I am proven wrong but I think that we are now in for a few lean years and only Des' coaching skills will be able to save us. 

It is one thing to hire someone who will supposedly have the agreeement of all the factions but it can never hide the fact that the delmege and Penn camps dislike each oither and having two owners will never work.

Here's a conspiracy theory for you.  Maybe one or both of the owners are trying to run the company down so much so that eventually one of them after suffering sufficient financial loss will eventually say enough is enough and sell out to the other and then and only then will we see harmony and growth.
free-confused-smileys-423[1].gif

A lot of hysteria about something that isn't by any means definite as yet?

I've never met Graham Lowe or worked with him but will willingly shake his hand and wish him well if he indeed gets the job (or anybody else should that be the case?).

As a new (20 years) Aussie I fully embrace the "fair go" approach

Jethro, I know you mean well but there are a couple of chinks in your conspiracy theory....firstly, that from my understanding all parties on the board seem happy in him as a candidate...bear in mind if any (and read in to that what you will?) of the board reps had any concerns that he couldn't do the job or that there was some potential for the company going down the tube by appointing him then I'm comfortable that these concerns would be voiced and the hands would stay down come vote time.

Secondly, it would be a foolish person that would front Mr Ken Arthurson and take him to task for publicy supporting a CEO candidate that a group of forum posters felt wasn't up to the job and as such he could possibly be risking the future of the Manly Club.

Get a grip people.....?

Vidmar - if Jethro's suggestion does in fact come to light, remember - you, as a board member embraced the strategy by supporting it 1st and foremost - hence post above.

You used to have a balanced approach dude - now you are well and truly leading the conga line.

Your board better make sure Lowe has a lot to bring to the table.

You suggest that your comfortable that these concerns would be voiced at board lvl, and the hands would stay down at vote time. You look at the past 18 months, with the slander, poor decision making, in fighting with the CEO / Board / Owners etc etc...player managers inability to talk contracts with us, Heath Le'Strange saying he wants to be in a more balanced environment - it goes on. Inability to hire a new CEO for 8 months or something.

The board haven't exactly been pro-active, concise, quick thinking and innovative now, have they?

And you talk about your confidence in them. LoL

Jethro link said:
[quote author=kingyfan link=topic=182071.msg246322#msg246322 date=1259099422]

Here's a conspiracy theory for you.  Maybe one or both of the owners are trying to run the company down so much so that eventually one of them after suffering sufficient financial loss will eventually say enough is enough and sell out to the other and then and only then will we see harmony and growth.
free-confused-smileys-423[1].gif

[/quote]

Nothing like a good conspiracy theory.  It sounds like the same plan that the leagues club has used for years.

Ryan link said:
Vidmar - if Jethro's suggestion does in fact come to light, remember - you, as a board member embraced the strategy by supporting it 1st and foremost - hence post above.

You used to have a balanced approach dude - now you are well and truly leading the conga line.

Your board better make sure Lowe has a lot to bring to the table.

You suggest that your comfortable that these concerns would be voiced at board lvl, and the hands would stay down at vote time. You look at the past 18 months, with the slander, poor decision making, in fighting with the CEO / Board / Owners etc etc...player managers inability to talk contracts with us, Heath Le'Strange saying he wants to be in a more balanced environment - it goes on. Inability to hire a new CEO for 8 months or something.

The board haven't exactly been pro-active, concise, quick thinking and innovative now, have they?

And you talk about your confidence in them. LoL

Mate,
As I posted, I don’t know the guy or to be honest that much about him but what I do know is that the sub committee who were involved in the initial pre-selection are all smart people and committed to the club.

I referenced a conspiracy theory and some (what I thought were valid) points as to why I didn’t think this may be the case?

Whatever people think of me I’d like to at least be thought of as a person who cares about the club and someone who supports it passionately

You talk of balance …Correct - I’m comparing the hysteria of the “nay” sayers who haven’t been involved in determining the role, the credentials needed or reviewing the candidates who applied (or even who has been given the job at the moment) with the facts as I know them from above.

What you or I think the club needs may not be what the board thinks (knows) the club needs and as it is their club then it is their call – you are within your rights to not agree and it’s clear you don’t so only time will tell.

If it comes to prove that the board were wrong or had ulterior motives then I will be amongst the first to condemn them for it - but at the moment I have to make a valued judgment and there are people involved in the process that I know and trust to make a decision in the best interest of the club as things stand currently.

Yes there have been issues at board level and thanks for reminding us of that – does that mean there have been no changes (or will ever likely be?), Are there no efforts to improve? Have we not seen any positives as a result of the events of the last 12 months?

If not, we may as well close the joint down now and thank you for saving us a heap of time and a bag of money in tickets, travel and merchandise?

Give things a chance rather than letting constant pessimism cloud your judgment.

Throw away remarks referencing a conversation with Heath and apparent issues with player managers seem churlish the day after we signed Robbo and Wolfman

I may be seen as leading a conga line and if that’s the case so be it…but hopefully that line is heading in a positive direction rather than a trend I’m picking where everyone and everything concerned with the club, its admin people and players are useless, sloppy, lazy rubbish….

Not sure if you are a Football Club member now or not but if so call Bob Reilly and tell him your serious concerns or call Scott Penn or Max Delmege as a Sea Eagles member or even Arko and discuss with them to get their input rather than keep banging on about it on here and MWSE where (without wishing to be respectful) it has little or no impact on the end result.

All it does do is feed News limited headlines “Manly Divided (Again)!” to lazy journos who prowl these sites

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6