News: Lowe - We can do without T-Rex

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>FORMER Kiwis coach Graham Lowe says Manly winger Tony Williams's decision to turn his back on New Zealand for Australia is ''no loss''.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5163-lowe-we-can-do-without-t-rex.html">Read the full article</a>

Comforting to know our CEO has that sort of an opinion of one of our first grade players. Sheeesh what hope have we got with that attitude.

Haha was reading this article earlier and thought it would get some in here all riled up

I would suggest a close reading of the article rather than the headline before people get too carried away on it

While I agreed with what he says. T Rex would only make the Tongan side and only just in my opinion, he is the Manly CEO and should not be commenting adversely on one of his contracted club players. Very poor form.

He isn't commenting adversely

All he is saying is that NZ have good depth in the outside backs so his unavailability is not a crucial loss, which it isn't with the likes of Manu, Perrett and Nightingale running around

The ONLY way T-Rex is going to make a Kangaroos team is if he pulls his finger out, starts working harder and learns how to tackle.

Should've stayed with Tonga, mate.. At least you would've been a certain starter. I thought he was extremely lucky to be even considered for NZ. He's got no chance playing in the green and gold!

Has Lowe had any media training?  Regardless of one's thoughts on T Rex, having him publicly sledged as useless by the CEO is hardly good form and something that will promote harmony in our playing group.

Kiwi Eagle link said:

All he is saying is that NZ have good depth in the outside backs so his unavailability is not a crucial loss, which it isn't with the likes of Manu, Perrett and Nightingale running around

You are getting too good at polishing turds KE! :) He says he is no loss and that he will be flat out making an international squad. It may be completely true but it still isn't something you would expect to be said about any employee by the head of an organisation. Why comment at all?

Kiwi Eagle link said:

Agree with this

Liueli of Brookvale link said:
The ONLY way T-Rex is going to make a Kangaroos team is if he pulls his finger out, starts working harder and learns how to tackle.

Should've stayed with Tonga, mate.. At least you would've been a certain starter. I thought he was extremely lucky to be even considered for NZ. He's got no chance playing in the green and gold!

He'll switch back to Tonga next season once he realises how hard it's going to be to get those jerseys

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=185405.msg296142#msg296142 date=1284853831]

You are getting too good at polishing turds KE! :) He says he is no loss and that he will be flat out making an international squad. It may be completely true but it still isn't something you would expect to be said about any employee by the head of an organisation. Why comment at all?
[/quote]

I wouldn't trust that no loss part MB, the full sentences quoted don't allude to anything like that being said at all

I just don't have a problem with the article mate, much in the same way as I haven't had a problem with Wayne Bennett the past 2 years saying Soward shouldn't be picked for NSW coz he wasn't ready

Despite the headline being a little misleading, I still find the inference on Tony from "our" club CEO rather inappropariate. Whilst the comments may well be true for many people, how would the big man feel reading them from a "high" ranking club official. I suspect Lowe is still a bit prickly after Tony's DUI earlier this year. Perhaps some people just need to take a deep breath and think before their desire to make the newspapers takes hold of their common sense. After the "difficult" year we have had, we need to be promoting unity and encouragement within our great club.

Good luck in the PM's game Tony. Go out there and prove the man wrong.

it definitely sounds like Des rates him (another paper) he has improved alot since last season, at 21 he may have the world at his feet in the next 2 seasons? 

Didn't sound like a clever thing for Lowe to say. What our coach and all club stuff say about our players in the press should be designed to get the best out of the players - I'd highly doubt this was part of a strategy to do with Tony - though I could be wrong.

it just seems to me after reading it he is upset more at tony for teaming up with the aussies , thats why in the last part of his comment he goes on about  you should play for  the country that you hold a passport with..& he isnt lying when he says  tony wont make the aussie squad,  for trex to make that squad  we have to have a few unavailable or injured before he would even get a look in..

he has his kiwi hat on not his manly hat on for this 1, he might be our CEO but he is passionate about NZ rugby league..

jjai link said:
he has his kiwi hat on not his manly hat on for this 1, he might be our CEO but he is passionate about NZ rugby league..

If he's so passionate about NZ rugby league that it interferes with his Manly job, he can get stuffed and go work for them.

If its just something that didn't quite come out right and the media has pushed up a bit then that's more understandable.

he was kiwi  coach before, he still  can influence their selectors,  adz if he comes from NZ  why is he going to side with australia  on this.. like coaches before him & after him all they want is to break australia domination in league so of course he is going to be filthy  an islander slipped through..

I don't care if he's speaking with his NZ hat - he shouldn't be bagging out one of his own club players. I'm all for sacking Lowe - he has done NOTHING for us at all, and is now hurting us.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4