News: Lyon out of Origin and for a month

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p class="first">Manly and New South Wales centre Jamie Lyon is out of contention for next month's third State of Origin clash in Sydney after he re-injured his right ankle in Saturday night's NRL encounter with South Sydney at Brookvale Oval.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4882-lyon-out-of-origin-and-for-a-month.html">Read the full article</a>

Exactly BE, they shouldn't have risked him. Obviously trying to get his origin spot but now we lose one of our most valuable players.

We might be playing Whare and hoppa next week. Farrar one centre, whare the other Hoppa fullback.

We are a rudderless ship with Lyon. I hardly spotted TH in the second half and unfortunately Foran got pushed out to cover for Jamie in the centres and that left Bailey at 5/8. Bailey had a shocker. Our attack was pathetic and had no structure. I think there was a period there where we had 3 or 4 sets at their line and we couldn't crack it because our attack consisted of one out running and inside balls to flat footed forwards. Pretty bloody ordinary and a lucky escape. Lucky TH can drop kick a ball because he did very little else.

Why do we persist with bailey? He's our worst player every time he puts the manly jersey on. Surely they could release him.

Sucks we lost Lyon again for longer and i agree it was risky for him to play tonight (not kicking goal was the first sign) but if he didn't and we lost again that would've almost killed our finals chances.  Morale would've been low and everything, at least with this win there's a win and some confidence

eggson link said:
Sucks we lost Lyon again for longer and i agree it was risky for him to play tonight (not kicking goal was the first sign) but if he didn't and we lost again that would've almost killed our finals chances.  Morale would've been low and everything, at least with this win there's a win and some confidence
Shane Rodney should be our kicker in any case.

Well luckily our next month only consists of one team that can really challenge us and that's Penrith next week. This is assuming we improve again from this weeks performance.

Not again. Yeah I they shouldn't have fielded Lyon yet. Does help to explain another near loss. Ok, I don't usually bag a Manly player but Hodkinson's kicking game is off again apart from the field goals. I think they should send him to Sunshine Coast and bring in DCE. Bailey needs to be released, we need the money for other players.

LoL - I actually thought Bailey had one of his better games.
TH was consistent....and I mean with his previous two weeks form.

BUT, no complaints. The Rabbits are a ****en good team...we were very lucky to get the two points.

swoop link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183642.msg267879#msg267879 date=1276998368]

Are you drunk or on drugs?
[/quote]

Last night....drunk.....VERY drunk....which might explain it ;)

Ryan link said:
TH was consistent....and I mean with his previous two weeks form.

Wow if that was 1 of Baileys better games then he must be a worse player than I thought

And
TH played more like a 2nd rower than a Half

Lyon would have been close to 100%, but a man the size of Taylor on your ankle will damage anyone's ankle !! Can't believe the size of the bloke live and close up, he must be wearing XXXXXXXL footy shorts

Yeah Taylor is huge, he is going to be one big fat **** when he retires though

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7