News: Lyon out this weekend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Winless Manly's troubled start to the season has continued with star centre Jamie Lyon ruled out for at least a week by a knee injury.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/lyon-out-this-weekend.html">Read the full article</a>

ABC radio news have just announced that the mri showed a tear and Jamie's out for 2 weeks - which means tears for us  :(

2 weeks is better than the 4 they were saying

Unfortunately this means Neuman will definately be in the team.  Hopefully Wolfman will be back this week.

Stewart's ban could yet be extended by the NRL, which suspended him as a result of his boozy behaviour at the hotel where the club hosted its season launch and not for what followed later that day, while Watmough wasn't charged.

How the **** could they do that ?

Neuman should be left on the sunshine coast until his contract is up, the guy is terrible.

David Williams will replace Newman, wait and see

but I'm not gonna walk anywhere naked either  ;D

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Stewart's ban could yet be extended by the NRL, which suspended him as a result of his boozy behaviour at the hotel where the club hosted its season launch and not for what followed later that day, while Watmough wasn't charged.

How the F**k could they do that ?
F#*%in C$%ts ,i dont believe they would extend it,pricks.

I am not holding out any hope of Stewart being back in 2 weeks time, I have a feeling that on April 7th he will be charged, and on the 8th the NRL will have their say

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I am not holding out any hope of Stewart being back in 2 weeks time, I have a feeling that on April 7th he will be charged, and on the 8th the NRL will have their say

he has already been charged

Interesting to note that the Raiders have named an U20s fullback to make his debut this weekend.  C'mon Des promote someone, don't give us the same losing side week after week.

DSM5 link said:
Interesting to note that the Raiders have named an U20s fullback to make his debut this weekend.

Bloody good player they've promoted as well. Very talented kid, but a bit of a loose cannon. Skips training, fairly unreliable, but loads and loads of talent. He's a great talent though - won the MoM award in last year's grand final.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=179934.msg216694#msg216694 date=1238571273]

he has already been charged
[/quote]

Bad wording on my behalf

What I meant was commited to go to a trial

Regarding the suggested extension of Stewart's ban, is this from a reliable source? Has it been mentioned by anyone of any authority that the ban could be extended or is it media Manly bashing again?

willstyles link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=179934.msg216696#msg216696 date=1238572636]
Interesting to note that the Raiders have named an U20s fullback to make his debut this weekend.

Bloody good player they've promoted as well. Very talented kid, but a bit of a loose cannon. Skips training, fairly unreliable, but loads and loads of talent. He's a great talent though - won the MoM award in last year's grand final.
[/quote]

Carney is back!

My money is on Brett being committed to trial some time after the season is finished. It should not affect his ability to play for Manly.

As far as i believe, Brett will be committed at his committal hearing, which is tomorrow ( 2nd of April). His trial may not commence till after the current season has finished.

I am under the perception that when the NRL 1st imposed the 4 week ban that it was not finalised, and, pending the result of the committal hearing could in fact be lengthened.

As a Manly fan this would be a worst result for us, but also 1 that we cannot discount.

All the best that justice wins out on this day.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6