News: Lyon talks up Cherry-Evans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Manly skipper Jamie Lyon believes rookie half-back Daly Cherry-Evans can make an even bigger impression in his debut season in the NRL in 2011 than former No.7 Trent Hodkinson did at the club last season.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5320-lyon-talks-up-cherry-evans.html">Read the full article</a>

Can I suggest everyone goes and clicks on the article over that the telecr*p. Yes I think they are terrible are often report fake or non-fact checked stories, but newspapers work on hits to decide what type of stories to put up. Lets get the manly hits up so we get more media attention, it may help in attracting sponsors, players etc with more media presence

Hodkinson exits, Cherry blossoms
January 16, 2011
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hodkinson-exits-cherry-blossoms-20110115-19rue.html

DALY CHERRY-EVANS hasn't even played an NRL game, yet the new Manly halfback is being groomed as a future State of Origin star by the Maroons.

Only six months ago, the Queensland Cup star thought his dream of playing in the NRL was over when incumbent halfback Trent Hodkinson looked certain to re-sign.

But now, with Hodkinson at Canterbury, the Redcliffe product has been thrust into the big time and will join an emerging Maroons camp under Wayne Bennett before Manly play their first trial next month.

Advertisement: Story continues below
''Next weekend I've got the camp and I couldn't be more excited,'' Cherry-Evans said. ''There are all the talented Queenslanders and I'm looking forward to learning from guys like Wayne Bennett and Mal Meninga. I think that's the most exciting thing. It's a great honour in itself.''

It's a far cry from the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles, where Cherry-Evans was posted last year when Manly coach Des Hasler opted for Hodkinson.

There were times when the shy and likeable Cherry-Evans thought an opportunity to play NRL might never come after being a junior star in the Sea Eagles' under-20 side alongside rising stas Kieran Foran.

''Before Trent signed for another club, to be honest, I thought my chances of playing NRL and for the Sea Eagles were pretty minimal,'' said Cherry-Evans.

''But I always tried to stay optimistic and told myself one day soon I might get a run,'' he said. ''And it's panned out well so far.

Josh Rakic

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7