News: Mal gives Thurston blast over union talk

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>QUEENSLAND Origin coach Mal Meninga has branded Johnathan Thurston disloyal after the Cowboys captain declared a desire to play rugby union.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4460-mal-gives-thurston-blast-over-union-talk.html">Read the full article</a>

I like Mal and I loved watching him play, especially for Australia. But this has to be the biggest peice of hypocritical swill he has uttered since his famous 'he'd never got anything out of the game and the ARL had done nothing for him' speech in his disloyal move to Super League. Sure Mal, 9 years of top flight games, two Kangaroo tours, Captain for 23 Test matches, 2 Premierships and a bucketful of cash. Yep, you got nothing from the game and you walked away from it for a selfish grab at a bigger bucketful. Please, save the speeches for someone who can make statements with integrity.

I agree with you Backer - to a degree mate. You are right on the money with what what Mal did with Super League....but Mal is also right about Thruston (and I know I spelled that the way I did - hehehe).

If Thruston left the game today, I'd be no worse off. I am more upset that Glenn Hall, Steve menzies, Steve Bell, Mark Bryant & Heath Le'Strange isn't playing for us to be honest.

You blokes are short changing big Mal. What about that comedic 30 second political career that couldnt get through his first media statement. Classic stuff & full of integrity.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4