[Resurrected] News: Manlys battle to keep Jared signed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan link said:
[quote author=kingyfan link=topic=180311.msg221786#msg221786 date=1241609245]
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=180311.msg221767#msg221767 date=1241593692]
Disco, Hall is better value than Princess, so why not call for her release as she's costing more than Hall.  She can go off and complete her law degree.   I'm not convinced about Williams either.  Maybe his fitness is an ongoing concern.  I'd give LeStrange a few games at half to see if he's got any potential and definitely keep Hall.

First you have orford out of the club and now King.  You really have no idea how much of a leader Jason is amongst our forwards.  So much so that we would not have won the competition without him.

[/quote]
hahahaha

His leadership skills show, he is leading by example and the rest of the forwards are following with equally poor performances
[/quote]

Watmough makes his mistakes all by himself without being shown by Kingy.  They should spray his hands and arms with get a grip instead of baby oil. 

I cannot believe how useless the selctors are.  Kingy should have been first prop picked for NSW soo side as well as city.

The selectors should all resign as they obviously have no idea about players as they are wanting to pick Weyman.  Talk about soft and injury prone.  He is out for three weeks every time he break wind he is so soft. 

Kingy is a hard man compared that that pretender.

actually i have been very impressed with Weyman & i think based on this years form his spot was deserved. As for King being in origin wow thats a a good joke.

deadlyeagle link said:
actually i have been very impressed with Weyman & i think based on this years form his spot was deserved. As for King being in origin wow thats a a good joke.

And you also believe that Watmough deserved his spot in the Australian team no doubt.

Ahah good luck trying to put words in my mouth, I'm unbiased unlike others. I don't actually believe he deserves his spot considering his obvious defensive problems, but the Australian side tend to be less picked on form which i disagree with.

Ryan link said:
My thoughts on next year:-

01. Brett Stewart (easy one)
02. Michael Robertson (Michael Bani released)
03. Steve Matai (easy one)
04. William Hopoate (18 then - should be ok)
05. David Williams (needs to improve and walk the walk)
06. Jamie Lyon (made captain, and offered big money extension)
07. Tim Smith or Todd Carney (Smith is going great guns in the UK)
08. Josh Perry (needs to look at himself. Player releases may scare him
09. Matt Ballin (80 minute Hooker now)
10. Brent Kite (like Perry, needs to improve)
11. Anthony Watmough (Continue to improve like he is)
12. Jared W-Hargraves (should have good impact, and add aggression)
13. Glenn Stewart (easy one)

14. Chris Bailey (utility player - Le'Strange released)
15. Adam Cuthbertson (easy one)
16. Glenn Hall (Better than King. Rose released. Mauro to get a shot)
17. Tony Williams (Hopefully gets match fitness)

Therefore, gone are Orford, King, Rose, Le'Strange & Bani. That's $700k - $800k to buy / upgrade Hall, Hargraves, Williams, Robertson and to buy a 1/2 back for say $250k - $300k per season.

Alternatively, I play Foran at 1/2 back (he's definitely the best junior 1/2 or 5/8 we have), and use the huge extra dollars saves to buy Justin Poore, and I release Hall, with Perry back to the bench.

LoL - I've been thinking about this since round 3 !!

From what i have seen mate, Tim Smith has spent the majority of the years playing for Wigan's reserves

so the Rooters are after
JWH - Foran - Wolfman -
how about we compromise and give them
Hall - Orford - Bani
instead

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
so the Rooters are after
JWH - Foran - Wolfman -
Hall - Orford - Bani
instead

How about we squeeze it further & give the Rorters

Absolutely - F***ing - Nothing

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
so the Rooters are after
JWH - Foran - Wolfman -
Hall - Orford - Bani
instead

And we will also throw in deadwood for free.

Even in 2009 we had issues with salary cap, keeping the wrong players and letting generation players like JWH go to the Roosters.
Even in 2009, talk of Foran not staying at Manly .

Oh what could have been.
JWH one of our biggest blunders .Interesting too some of those posters no longer posting actively ,Berkely Eagle etc I notice old "Merchant of wez all dooooomed" as been around for awhile to .

Even in 2009 we had issues with salary cap, keeping the wrong players and letting generation players like JWH go to the Roosters.
Even in 2009, talk of Foran not staying at Manly .

Oh what could have been.

every team constantly has issues with the salary cap.

Have to spend at least 95% and no more than 100% or fined and shamed for breaching rules.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4