News: Manly boss takes swipe at sting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
<p>NEW Zealand league legend Graham Lowe, now CEO of the Manly Sea Eagles, has slammed as "mischievous" a sting on his players by an undercover policewoman.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5367-manly-boss-takes-swipe-at-sting.html">Read the full article</a>

Could  have also  Headlined this  with  "Lowe takes Swipe at  The  Police"  :D hehehe

SEVERAL NRL players have failed a 'honeytrap' test SET UP BY THEIR CLUB when they were caught flirting with an undercover police officer who posed as a groupie on the internet.

Graham Lowe, now CEO of the Manly Sea Eagles, has slammed as "mischievous" a sting on his players by an undercover policewoman.

i dont get it the 1st statement says it was set up by their club ..
then lowe carrys on like he didnt knw about it???

jjai, I am more of the belief that Manly were not the ones who set up the sting but it was in actual fact set up by the NRL.

The original News LTD article:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/confidential/sea-eagles-players-fall-into-facebook-honey-trap-in-social-media-test/story-e6frepnx-1226005004308

contradicted itself in it's first two paragraphs/sentences as it stated:

"SEVERAL NRL players have failed a "honeytrap" test set up by their club when they were caught flirting with an undercover police officer who posed as a groupie on the internet.

Australian Federal Police officer Melissa Sevil was hired by the NRL to test the Manly Sea Eagles players before she hosted a seminar on the dangers of sites including Facebook and Twitter at the club."

No where in the latest Fairfax Media news article:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sunday-news/news/4679791/Manly-boss-takes-a-swipe-at-sting

does it say that the sting was set up by the Manly club but just confirms the 2nd paragraph/sentence of the previous News Ltd article.

In my opinion, the original article was just News Ltd's way of continuing to tarnish the Manly brand in any way that it can.

ok jethro  , thats better..  thanks

Post  automatically merged: [time]1298256392[/time]

& if that was the case the NRL should have atleast informed all the CEO`s about their plans..

if an exercise to educate why does it need to reach the media...did they expect the media to write the story in a good way...

Adam link said:
if an exercise to educate why does it need to reach the media...did they expect the media to write the story in a good way...

Like I said, in my opinion, the original article was just News Ltd's way of continuing to tarnish the Manly brand in any way that it can.

NRL strategy to stop women baiting NRL players on social media and associated media reports

1. Hire a woman to bait players on social media
2. Report to media that players have been baited by a woman on social media, but that it was a set up
3. Media reports on players behaviour when they were baited on social media.

Our game is in safe hands...  ??? ??? ???

The problem wasn't the sting, or the presentation. It was the fact that it all ended up in the media.

Rusty link said:
[quote author=kurri eagle link=topic=186509.msg316963#msg316963 date=1298263284]
Why could'nt he of complained about this to the Australian media ?

I believe he just did... how else would they have got this story.
[/quote]
From Kiwi Eagle out of the NZ Sunday Times

To be honest the way the story was run in the media should serve as an even bigger warning to the players.  Not sure why Lowe should be angry at anyone, the point was the danger of social media and has now also proven another warning about the media at large.  Hopefully they have learnt something out of all this.

I just want to know why we got tarnished on the back page whilst other players from other clubs have also failed this test? Why are they not reporting that, we can't thier clubs name be placed in the paper ? It's really pissed me off this pre season sitting back and reading all the articles that are in the paper about how bad manly is, why are we th only ones that see the boys doing good deeds everyday, why can't they report that !!!

I haven't read the whole spiel...but "entrapement" comes to mind straight away?

His at TNA and that **** is annoying,better fighting but ****ty characters

Womens division is feral

Men have a retirement package boasting such names as Hogan,Flair,Big Poppa pump etc and on the upside they have Angle and the better Hardy boy

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8