News: Manly eager for Snake's return

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>The focus is firmly on Melbourne this week, but Manly players can already sense the impetus the return of Brett Stewart will give their premiership push in the closing weeks of the regular season.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4198-manly-eager-for-snakes-return.html">Read the full article</a>

Manly Backer is going beserk on the news articles this afternoon.

TBH I have been eager for a snake comeback since round 7 - it has been a hell of a wait.

Seems strange there is a lot of paper talk that he is coming back this week.  Surely this is been orchestrated by our media manager to create confusion around the game on Sudnay

I think that's right, Storm will be so confused and when they see Robbo instead, with his 2 strong knees and not a limp or a bandage in sight, they might drop their bundle.

Well to be fair he was penciled in for this game for months now so that is probably why we are getting articles about it now, that and he has been training too

The Wheel link said:
Surely this is been orchestrated by our media manager to create confusion around the game on Sudnay

Hah! That's the last thing he would be asked to do. Des would prefer nobody mentioned the words "Brett Stewart" until the post-match press conference of his comeback game.

My personal feel is that Brett could be fit to play against the Storm - could. But it's not a great environment to bring him back. It'd be better to introduce him back to the game on friendly soil like a packed out Brookie Oval (like last time).

It needs to be said that although Brett's been running for a while now, he hasn't completed contact drills (as far as I know), and that is the best test of whether he'll get through a game or not. I think he'd be right....but if there's still that risk, then just give him the extra week and bank on the guys who have done the job for all but two weeks out of the last two months.

He's travelling to Melbourne with the team though. I'll be an interested punter when they announce the teams an hour before kick-off though...

LOL, I can imagine the journo's at the airport snapping away pics of Brett traveling to Melbourne with the side

Kiwi Eagle link said:
LOL, I can imagine the journo's at the airport snapping away pics of Brett traveling to Melbourne with the side

Especially if he was decked out in full playing gear with the No.1 on his back.

if will s' mail is right then he won't be back till he's done the full prep. if he's had a secret contact session I hope he runs on; if your world class player is right to go, and it's a crunch game with big match pressure, and yuo know he can handle it, then get him the fxxk out there I say. we lose this and we are struggling to make the 8. win and we might pinch 4th.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6