News: Manly greats inspire faith

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Members of the gutsiest Manly side of all time have implored the modern day team to carve out their own piece of history by carrying their battered and bruised bodies to finals glory.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5137-manly-greats-inspire-faith.html">Read the full article</a>

Unfortunately rugby league in 1978 offered more of a contest and more of a chance for the underdog than it does in 2010.

When was the last time you saw a really depleted NRL team upset a strong opponent? It's been so long ago I can't even remember. 

The only great leveler in 2010 is rain. If it pours on Sunday, we're a big chance. A dry track and we're gonna struggle. 

Reading this gives me goosebumps. Maybe the boys can go out and cause and upset. Max sums it up well - the Dragons have 2 arms, 2 legs, and so do we. Maybe the newcomers are just we need.

Dan Dresden link said:
Unfortunately rugby league in 1978 offered more of a contest and more of a chance for the underdog than it does in 2010.

When was the last time you saw a really depleted NRL team upset a strong opponent? It's been so long ago I can't even remember. 

The only great leveler in 2010 is rain. If it pours on Sunday, we're a big chance. A dry track and we're gonna struggle. 

Souffs beat the tigpies with loads out the other week.

Dan Dresden link said:

I hate to say it ,but the baby Bronco's seem to do it quite often in the last few years                     

If we can keep it under 20 I'll be happy, I just hope they don't throw it in when we go down a few tries early on.

If we are going to put in an inspirational performance, we need someone who can offer some inspiration.....who is that going to be ? We need a forward or two to really rip in and have a dynamic, dominant performance. I really can't see where that is going to come from. Kite and Perry will try hard, but they don't dominate or frighten anyone anymore. Would love a young hungry prop who is prepared to put self preservation aside and tear into the Saints pack. That could be enough to give us a leg up. JWH would have been handy to have around at the moment, even with his suss defence he is at least dynamic. If we don't win the battle in the middle we are no hope. 

Chip & Chase link said:
If we are going to put in an inspirational performance, we need someone who can offer some inspiration.....who is that going to be ? We need a forward or two to really rip in and have a dynamic, dominant performance. I really can't see where that is going to come from. Kite and Perry will try hard, but they don't dominate or frighten anyone anymore. Would love a young hungry prop who is prepared to put self preservation aside and tear into the Saints pack. That could be enough to give us a leg up. JWH would have been handy to have around at the moment, even with his suss defence he is at least dynamic. If we don't win the battle in the middle we are no hope. 

Kite did it in the 2008 GF, so I don't see why he can't do it again, but look no further than our great captain Jamie for the real inspiration. You can throw Choc in there too.

Lyon tries hard but he isn't going to provide the inspiration we will be needing, unless he is going to start taking hit ups. If we give Jamie some space then he is capable of putting in a blinder, but if we are getting smashed up the middle than there is little he can do to help. Brent Kite circa 2009/10 is a shadow of the 2008 version. Maybe he has got one big one left in him, I doubt it on the last two seasons' performances, but I hope I'm wrong. Choc is playing on one leg, and we all know what happens when blue ar$e tries too hard, errors and penalties follow....that's not what we need.

What happens if we lead at 14 at half time

we have let leads go this year BUT what doubts would enter the heads of the dragons players after what happened last year.

I have a feeling Perry and Kite are going to have big games. I also think young Hoppa will have a big one. I may be accused of smoking crack, but that's my feeling and I am sticking with it.

I like Gibbsy's comment about 8 other teams wishing they were in  our position, kind of puts things into perspective.

MPC link said:
I have a feeling Perry and Kite are going to have big games. I also think young Hoppa will have a big one. I may be accused of smoking crack, but that's my feeling and I am sticking with it.

I like Gibbsy's comment about 8 other teams wishing they were in  our position, kind of puts things into perspective.

Its strange to see someone on here with some faith,im with you

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4