News: Manly offers Galuvao 'keys to the house'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<div class="articleExtras"> </div>
Manly recruitment manager Noel Cleal has offered Eels forward Joe Galuvao his spare room and a set of house keys in an attempt to lure the veteran back-rower north in 2010.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4107-manly-offers-galuvao-keys-to-the-house.html">Read the full article</a>

nita link said:
Am I missing something? Why are we so desperate to get him?

Depth and experience

Firstly, we are losing Hall, Cuthbertson and JWH who could cover 2nd row for next season. Add to that he has played test matches, and won a Grand Final while always keeping his nose clean, he would probably offer a good experienced head for the younger blokes

When we lose Watmough and Stewart for Origin, our backrow will look a lot better with him there rather than a bloke like Moorwood or someone of that ilk

We already have one docile Kiwi in our squad. Two would be painful.

Mal Kafusi, Danny Lima anyone?

He could go OK.  He probably doesn't cost much, somewhat like Hall perhaps, and so he could come in handy.  I don't see him as a Kafusi or Lima, although they both seem to be going OK. 

You know I don't mean Antonio Kafusi, and Jeff Lima right?
I mean the two slow slugs that used to play for Manly.

Is he really any better than hargreaves.  At least Hargreaves has more potential being younger. 

Gualavo is contemplating retirement which says something. 

tookey link said:
Is he really any better than hargreaves.  At least Hargreaves has more potential being younger. 

Gualavo is contemplating retirement which says something. 

Hargreaves will be gone so who care who is better, we are losing a lot of forward depth and need players to replace them. He seems ok to me. He's not going to be a major part of our pack, just a bit player.

TokyoEagle link said:
Mr. Cleal is offering him his front door keys, not the keys to the hotel, that has to say something.

That we are desperate?

This takes the cake Crusher has lost the plot,why would we let Hall go and try to sign a player of lesser quality :mad:

It says something that we willingly got rid of Cuthbo and are ready to sign this bloke.  Is Cuthbo really crap?  Is Galuvao really good and just in hibernation at Parra?

The biggest issue i have?  The guy is seriously thinking about retiring so is his head in the game..he's what, 31?
AND
he's still hoping Parra will make a better offer...nice.

TokyoEagle link said:
Mr. Cleal is offering him his front door keys, not the keys to the hotel, that has to say something.
There's one player in particular who I'm offering my front door keys. Come get 'em Snakey. And yes, like the Sea Eagle recruitment staff, I am desperate, but unlike our recruiting team, I'll only except the best. Love you Stewy. Miss you Stewy. Come back NOW!

whaaaarrrrr??

I thought the deal was done.

If Joe is still waiting on Parra to make a counter offer and worried about the travel from out west then he simply doesnt want to be here.

I'd prefer players who want to come and play here.

People saying things like "Why did we let Cuthbo/Hargraves go fo this guy" are idiots

Both those guys would have cost at least double what Galavao will. He is a forwards depth signing. and in terms of cheap discarded forwards. Well we have done exceptionally well in recent years

Bryant (Canberra Reserve Grader)
Rose (Roosters Reserve Grader)
Hall (Couldnt make the Souths team)
Rodney (Discarded after years of injuries)
Le Strange (Roosters Fringe player)
Ballin (Broncos reserve player)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4