News: Manly picks Daly Cherry-Evans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<p class="storyHeadline">SUNSHINE Coast Sea Eagles halfback Daly Cherry-Evans will spend the rest of the Queensland Cup season preparing for his promotion to the Manly NRL squad next year.<strong> </strong></p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4881-manly-picks-daly-cherry-evans.html">Read the full article</a>

"The 21-year-old Mackay product revealed yesterday he had agreed to terms on a three-year deal with the silvertails, but was yet to put pen to paper."

----- enter Ryan  ;D

Have we got a shortage of pens at Manly? WTF haven't we got DCE's and Foran's signatures yet. I might send the club a box of ball point pens, (bic) I think.

This kid will have alot of pressure next year like Hodko did but in saying that Hodko is going to have more pressure on him at a club that is going backwards at a rapid rate.

I'm not completely sold on TH, but it's the best we can field ATM. His kicking game is very average other than the 2 fgs.

Going on that photo of DCE he is looking a lot bigger already than he was in the Toyota Cup. In another 8 months he should have a bit more size on him.

DSM5 link said:
Can't figure out why he was kicking to Merritt all night.  Do they know each other?

He is friends with all the fullbacks in the comp. THe fullbacks just wave their hands on the fifth tackle; TH sees the hand over the top of the forwards charging at him; and then he lands a perfectly weighted kick down the fullbacks throat.
I've only seen TH angry with himself when he misses the fullback, which forces our chasers to have to do a bit more chasing, and try to trap the fullback or winger in-goal. Boy, TH and the chasers are filthy then: if they did that all game they would be even more exhausted in the second half.
;)

That criticism is a bit harsh. I thought his kicking game for the most part was good, he found space and grass a lot and I even commented on it during the game.

However those two chip kicks were enough to remind me of monas brain buster 5th tackle options.

Either way all we can do now is hope Trent delivers and then hope DCE is ready next year

captainskin link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183643.msg267747#msg267747 date=1276952100]
Can't figure out why he was kicking to Merritt all night.  Do they know each other?

He is friends with all the fullbacks in the comp. THe fullbacks just wave their hands on the fifth tackle; TH sees the hand over the top of the forwards charging at him; and then he lands a perfectly weighted kick down the fullbacks throat.
I've only seen TH angry with himself when he misses the fullback, which forces our chasers to have to do a bit more chasing, and try to trap the fullback or winger in-goal. Boy, TH and the chasers are filthy then: if they did that all game they would be even more exhausted in the second half.
;)
[/quote]...
:D

why dont they sign him up havent they learnt their lesson yet ?? this is what happend with trent they stuffed around  & before they knew it he was gone..

so i ask  please sign cherry now before all the other teams see him play & steal him from under our noses.. i still  cant believe foran isnt even secured by us yet.. offer cherry  a 3yr contract now on fuk all money .. once we got him no one can take him for 3 years..

Stiffi link said:
Going on that photo of DCE he is looking a lot bigger already than he was in the Toyota Cup. In another 8 months he should have a bit more size on him.
If they want him to increase his size they should just bring him down here and assign Gorgeous George to mentor his fitness.

Don't let him near Georgie. With a name like Cherry-Evans, George would probably eat him (& still back up for seconds at the dessert stand).

LOL when I first spotted George after he made his comeback I did a quick check to see if anyone was missing from the bench  :)

Come to think of it he has probably eaten up most of our salary cap, he's eaten everything else. Maybe that is what happened to Lowe's biros as well lol.

The heading of this thread had me thinking he was picked for this Fridays game against Penrith. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2