News: Manly ride out Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
It seemed there were three teams on Olympic Park yesterday - the Storm, the Sea Eagles, and the wind. Of the three, the force of nature was certainly the most dominant.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4210-manly-ride-out-storm.html">Read the full article</a>

I'd put many of the errors down to the conditions. just seen the replay so wanted to put my 2 bobs worth in:

tough game, crunching tackles from go to woe from both sides. kingy's defense early on deserves a special mention, not just a one off big one, but sustained brick wall stuff.

the big hit on kite seemed to spark him up a bit. And hall had a big game. the pigs seem just about on the simmer for the finals. ballin in form again.

bailey finally did what des thought he might do at 5/8 when he put foran over. storm players looked as surprised as anybody, but attacking at finch was probably the plan. bailey may be a hidden gem late in the season with lyon needing a rest.

foran: you f***in little bottler. ditto farrar. It's great that some new players are contribting alot, and big plays are coming from less fashionables like kingy and georgie boy.

don't want to be playing them down there week 1 of the finals, but beating them there finally is a good booster and in any event you have to celebrate that. feast on their flesh!

Rose has been absolutely awesome this year, he has been outstanding.

On one play he took the ball up, met the defense about 5 metres from where he took the ball, and carried them another 10 metres, from where the ball was played, he made almost 20 metres in the one run, with 2 blokes hanging off his back! Awesome!

King has also been great this year, his past chicken legs efforts have dissipated and he is playing well and consistently.

That ball from Bailey to Foran was one of the most perfectly timed plays we have put on this year.

Foran ran that gap perfectly, and Bailey timed that pass beautifully to hit Foran smack on the chest jsut as he hit the gap and Bailey drew the defender. Both Foran and Bailey could not have ran that any better.

Foran is always lurking around as well and hunting for a try, whenever one is scored he is never far off the scorer and always competing for the ball. I have a feeling him and Brett Stewart are going to be a damn good combination, and defense won't know exactly who to watch.
They will be porobably looking at Brett and waiting for him to get the ball, and Foran will be there cleaning up the crumbs.

There are some promising signs there, that is for sure

agreed dan, foran's try scoring record must be not far behind stewart's at this early stage. and his work in delivering the first try was beautiful to behold.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2