News: Manly to fight for Steve Matai, Trent Hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
<div id="story">
<div class="group text-g-dt-sport-template-group-league-central-app-wide item-count-1">
<div class="group-content">
<div class="item ipos-1 irpos-1">
<div class="module module-promo-image-01 mpos-1 mrpos-1 id1225868537345 text-m-dt-sport-template-promo-league-central-app-wide"></div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div class="story-body lead-media-small">
<div class="story-intro">
<p><strong> THEY are being offered big money elsewhere but Manly are poised to retain New Zealand Test centre Steve Matai and rising halfback Trent Hodkinson, The Daily Telegraph understands.

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4825-manly-to-fight-for-steve-matai-trent-hodkinson.html">Read the full article</a>

Sorry WAMF CW got in just before you, I just hadn't published it yet

CliffyIsGod link said:
So one day Telle says Hoddo is going, then the next dasy, he is staying. Hopeless.

To be fair, the "he is staying" has only come about since the announcement of the salary cap increase

I really do hope that they both stay but if one was to go, I'd be more in favour to keep Hodko (for the forward future development of the club) and lose Matai as I really can't see him lasting long in the game because of his continued neck and shoulder injuries with the way that he plays his game.

Jethro link said:
I really do hope that they both stay but if one was to go, I'd be more in favour to keep Hodko (for the forward future development of the club) and lose Matai as I really can't see him lasting long in the game because of his continued neck and shoulder injuries with the way that he plays his game.

Also considering we could play Farrar there or Whare - neither of which I think would let us down.

I agree, it seems the better and more logical option of the two. Sad to see either go. I guess heartstring wise I would not like seeing Matai go. I still remember sitting at brookie watching him score his first try...a very lucky try indeed on his first game, but thinking "good on you kid"

He annoys me sometimes but has really stepped up over the past 2 years. However games and comps are not won on sentiment and Hodko is worth holding onto for the next few years to see what he does and what he can become

Letting Matai go is like bidding farewell to a jalopy held together by fishing twine and copper wire. 

Dan link said:
I agree, it seems the better and more logical option of the two. Sad to see either go. I guess heartstring wise I would not like seeing Matai go. I still remember sitting at brookie watching him score his first try...a very lucky try indeed on his first game, but thinking \"good on you kid\"

He annoys me sometimes but has really stepped up over the past 2 years. However games and comps are not won on sentiment and Hodko is worth holding onto for the next few years to see what he does and what he can become

Exactly

Matabele link said:
Letting Matai go is like bidding farewell to a jalopy held together by fishing twine and copper wire. 

Haha, I like that analogy.

Jalopy (also clunker or hooptie) is an old, decrepit, unreliable and often nonfunctional car which has limited mechanical abilities and is often in an unmaintained and usually in a rusty or dented shape. A jalopy is not a well kept antique car, but a car which is mostly rundown or beaten up.

When a jalopy gets to a state in which its maintenance becomes too expensive, its owner would be required to make a decision about its fate.

Matabele link said:
Might not pass a pink slip exam but he's not out of rego yet.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183454.msg264599#msg264599 date=1275269109]
[/quote]  I wouldn't be committing to $600k over 3 years for a bomb without a pink slip, would you?

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[/quote]
I like that analogy.

Register him in QLD, only needs to pass for the first inspection then it's all good for the life of the car

WAMF link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=183454.msg264633#msg264633 date=1275273756]
[/quote]
I like that analogy.
[/quote]  Is it a comment on our declining medical assessment standards that have done us well in recent years?  Our injury toll this year is troublingly higher than we've seen for a while. 

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7