News: Manly to target Sandow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="story-intro" /><p>MANLY always place their "spot" player in a distinctive green shirt during defensive drills. That way, there can be no mistaking who they will target and terrorise. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4156-manly-to-target-sandow.html">Read the full article</a>

I certainly hope they snuff him out. Quite a tricky player, sound goal kicker and a cocky little fella to boot. Needs to be smashed by Sea Eagles.

Its funny how they get their "inside information" for ex players who know proabbly only watch their teams games from the t.v, but hay im sure they know exackly what tactis are being used by their team.

When I read that heading, I thought it meant "target" as in target to recruit.. I was like.. Oh gawd!

Sandows kicking game is going to slaughter t-rex

We may have to site him back with the fullback and play with an 11 man defensive line

nita link said:
When I read that heading, I thought it meant \"target\" as in target to recruit.. I was like.. Oh gawd!

Likewise Nita, i thought the same thing and I was saying to myself - Hell NOoooooo, Don't do it  :eek:

We should run at whoever is next to Sandow or the gap between them and then offload on his side, he won't tackle anything but air. 

If he starts to miss tackles or get pushed off he gets personal and dirty.  A few penalties to be had there.

I would have thought we would target the opposition half back every weekend

OneEyedEagle link said:
[quote author=nita link=topic=181282.msg235265#msg235265 date=1249550516]

When I read that heading, I thought it meant \"target\" as in target to recruit.. I was like.. Oh gawd!

Likewise Nita, i thought the same thing and I was saying to myself - Hell NOoooooo, Don't do it  :eek:
[/quote]

It looks like a few of us read it that way until reading the thread content

I think Jason Avedissian of the Manly Daily got inspiration (if that is the right term...) from Dean for this follow-on piece. Doesn't need a separate thread. I feel sorry for journos sometimes, it is a very, very long season.

I'm coming to get you

LIVEWIRE Rabbitohs half Chris Sandow will arrive at Brookvale Oval today as the worst defender in the NRL, armed with the hefty challenge of bringing down the No. 1 forward in the game - Anthony Watmough.

Sandow is far-and-away the worst defender in the premiership with an astonishing 121 missed tackles from 18 appearances.

And there is little doubt the Sea Eagles will target him as they aim to rebuild their premiership aspirations tonight.

Central to that charge on Sandow will be Watmough, coming off the game of his life after destroying the Wests Tigers in a losing effort on Monday night.

“They have got to terrorise him,” ex-Manly and South Sydney forward Mark Carroll said yesterday.

“Choc’s been terrorising everyone and it’s been great to watch.

“Every halfback gets targeted. He’s (Sandow) pretty fiery, but Des will have enough tactics to get to him.”

Fiery Rabbitohs forward Michael Crocker told The Manly Daily the only way his mates can stop Watmough is to get in his face.

“He’s in some good form, best form of his career,” the Queenslander said yesterday. “We’ve just got to make sure we get bodies in front of him to try and stop him.”

Rugby league commentator Michael Hagan said Sandow will not back down despite his poor statistics. “I reckon the way Watmough is playing, he will challenge most people, not only Sandow,” Hagan said.

“I just think Souths needs to support Sandow in the line. He’s certainly not scared, he will jump in and showed toughness last week (against the Bulldogs).”

In-form Manly interchange prop George Rose said today’s game is vital for the premiers to build some momentum ahead of the finals.

“The finals aren’t that far off and if we can get some momentum heading in, it will be really important for us,” he said.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4