News: Manly's Shane Gray tests positive to Clenbuterol

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div id="storybody" /><p>The NRL has imposed an immediate provisional suspension on Manly under 20's player Shane Gray after he returned a positive drug test result to Clenbuterol.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4001-manlys-shane-gray-tests-positive-to-clenbuterol.html">Read the full article</a>

Canteen Worker link said:
What does this drug do??

About Clenbuterol
Clenbuterol is a very widely used drug and has quite a reputation. A good one among athletes and recreational users, and a very bad one among those people who know very little about illegal performance enhancing aids. Its not a steroid. In fact, the only medical use for which clenbuterol is generally prescribed (and now being less and less prescribed thanks to its illegitimate use) is for obstructions of the air-way. People with chronic breathing disorders like asthma use this as a bronchodilator to make breathing easier. But its only one of the many things that can be achieved with the use of clenbuterol.

Its not a steroid. In fact, the only medical use for which Clenbuterol is generally prescribedis for obstructions of the air-way.
People with chronic breathing disorders like asthma use this as a bronchodilator to make breathing easier. But its only one of the many things that can be achieved with the use of Clenbuterol.

The effectiveness of Clenbuterol can be measured by an increase in body temperature, caused by the burning of excess fat. If you decide to use Clenbuterol, track your body termperature on a daily basis. You should see a rise of a half a degree.

Clenbuterol, when used for its fat-burning properties is best used in a pyramid scheme. Slowly building up the dose may be more important that tapering off of it, as most first time users will rarely if ever know how they will react.
Because of the effects on blood pressure its best to start with 20-40 mcg per day and slowly work your way up increasing the dose every 3 days by 20 mcg, to a maximum of 120-160mcg (most find 80-100 mcg to be adequate).

Its also best not used for long periods of time. Body homeostasis seems to negate the excitatory and inhibitive functions of Clenbuterol over time, creating a complacency effect. It loses most of its nerve stimulation and fat burning benefits after 3-4 weeks, and using it longer on end would be futile.

Shane Gray only a month ago recovered from a very badly infected mouth. His wisdom teeth were impcated and got infected. They could not be removed until the infection went away. He couldn't eat anything for more than a week. He lost a lot of weight. You wouldn't think he would be taking something consequently to reduce fat but maybe it was consumed longer ago than that.

I hoping for his sake it might have been something prescribed by the doctor when he had the mouth problem as the drug so that improved his breathing as that is one of things this drug can do. He is a good kid and has  potential.

Just goes to show no club or sport is fee from drugs.

ERNIE FOR NO7 in your opinion could he get a two year ban ? or worse longer
after all he is a Manly player and Gallop has double standards.

eagle_predator link said:
Just goes to show no club or sport is fee from drugs.

ERNIE FOR NO7 in your opinion could he get a two year ban ? or worse longer
after all he is a Manly player and Gallop has double standards.

This will depend on whether he has been prescribed it or not. If you google the drug you will see you can buy it on line. You might remember it was this type of drug possibly even the same drug that Shane Warne got busted for.

If they determine it is not performance enhancing and he didn't realise that it was a banned substance he might get a reduced sentence.

Remember Robbie O'Davis tested positive to a substance that he was taking in a formula and he got off.

So who knows until we hear more facts.

it is widely used as a cutting agent for cocaine. Cocaine is out of your system in a couple of days but the clenbuterol takes longer to clear. Not making any assumptions, just food for thought.

The kid does suffer with Asthma.

He is not the type to be doing cocaine. No one close to hom believes that this is any possibility at all so cut that speculation out.

If they determine it is not performance enhancing and he didn't realise that it was a banned substance he might get a reduced sentence.

He didn't realise, aahhh that old excuse - give me a break. The guy is a moron - simple!

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:

He is not the type to be doing cocaine. No one close to hom believes that this is any possibility at all so cut that speculation out.

Nobody speculated anything, looks to me like you are a to bit to close in any case and a little over sensitive.

So far you've offered stories about Teeth and Asthma - sit back and bit chill and wait for the B sample and let the kid put together his own defence and get his story straight - your posts MAY do more harm than good.

missing_something link said:
[quote author=ERNIE FOR NO7 link=topic=180796.msg228335#msg228335 date=1245408510]

Nobody speculated anything, looks to me like you are a to bit to close in any case and a little over sensitive.

So far you've offered stories about Teeth and Asthma - sit back a bit chill and wait for the B sample and let the kid put together his own defence and get his story straight - your posts MAY do more harm than good.

[/quote]

I have met the kid once, so I don't consider that makes me too close to the kid.

I was aware of his infected mouth as of course the club is and tonight I was told that he is asthmatic. These are facts and can not do any harm to the outcome.

When one of my kids was involved in elite Athletics, she had to sign documents every year listing medicines etc taken, prescriptions involved etc. There was some education and she had to be aware of what could be taken and what was prohibited. The Australian Sports Drug Agency also warned of potential tests both in training and during meets. She was never tested.''

One is assuming that elite athletes like NYC would have the same information fed to them, similar training on drugs and be involved in education.

If this is the case, the poor young man will have made a terrible error. Unlikely that any club doctor could have prescribed that drug. Matua has gone for 2 years and unless there are extenuating circumstances, this man could face the same.

Doping powder keg

PROTEIN-popping NRL stars are being urged to be extremely cautious in the wake of a second positive test to fat-burning agent, Clenbuterol.Reni Maitua's footsteps last week, Manly Toyota Cup prop Shane Grey is now considering his options in the face of a two-year ASADA ban.

After treading in

While mystery surrounds the circumstances of Maitua's tainted sample, word around the Northern Beaches is that Grey unwittingly ingested Clenbuterol in a popular protein powder he believed was above board.

Identities close to the club say Grey is adamant Clenbuterol was not listed on the powder's packaging. But when he tested positive last week, the youngster could think of no other source.

With his B sample due to be tested in the next fortnight, it's been rumoured that Grey's legal team has since had the powder forensically tested.

Sources claim the tests identified Clenbuterol, triggering widespread concern that any number of protein products could be career killers.

Another Clenbuterol culprit, Queensland Cup player Daniel Exintaris, was also banned for two years yesterday being caught ordering a shipment of the prohibited substance.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25689696-5006066,00.html

Fluffy link said:
only way around that is to publish a list of ok substances, pretty sure its in most sports

They release a list of products that shouldn't be taking. Therefore if it isn't on that list you shouldn be able to use it. Why would you go to 30x more effort to create a list with products that you can take?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4