News: Matai, Perry may go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

deadlyeagle

Reserve Grader
<p>TWO key members of the Sea Eagles’ 2008 premiership-winning squad could be forced to quit Manly as the club moves in to secure four internationals before the season kicks off next month.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4578-matai-perry-may-go.html">Read the full article</a>

Lowe summed it up nicely. Perry needs to put in some really big ones and on last year's effort he is dreaming if he thinks a 3 year deal will be offered. Matai is different in that he is often one of the few go forward guys when the team has put in a shocker. The concern for a long term deal would be his injury history and his persistence on rushing the attack and leaving huge holes behind him, but that may be under coach's instructions. If it came down to only keeping one then it would be Matai for me.

I watched the replay of the Tigers game we lost last year, Matai was disgraceful.  If Whare is half as good as some say he would have to be a better proposition.

That game was also noticeable for Orford crabbing across field and throwing the ball into the grandstand under pressure.  So much for our beautiful straight football Willstyles. 

I'd hate to lose Perry, he's capable of being a great prop. Matai seems to have a lot of trouble with his injury but he doesn't go off with it often and he is a very good centre. It would make sense that T Wiliams is playing centre if he's going to go.

Matabele, just where were you when I needed you most last season?  Surely that wasn't the only match where you noticed those two displaying their football 'skills'.  Anyway, One's gone and the other one, although he can put in some good games now and again, keeps coming up with those defensive blunders.  Perry had a shocker last year and will have to do much much better for me to add my voice to keeping him.  Off to England for Josh.  Soft grounds for a soft prop.

I know it's a guy thing and you fellas are all very serious and statistical when you're discussing who should stay and who should go. From a woman's point of view I suggest that we keep Matai as his corn-rows are very cute.

Those two are the most expendable, I think Perry should be the priority there..

With Lyon, Whare, Farrar, Hoppa we seem covered for centres as for props you can  never have too many good ones

Des' original plan for next year was to release Perry and sign Burgess.  Unfortunately Burgess stuffed that up by wanting to play in the NRL this year and Crowe was the only one willing and able to pay the $500k transfer fee.

Maybe we can let Perry go and sign burgess' two younger brothers next year.  They are also 6' 5" tall and about 115kg's each.  Big boys who might like to smash their older brother.

That's a very good point tooks.  Nothing like sibling rivalry to bring on the competitive urge.

tookey link said:
Des' original plan for next year was to release Perry and sign Burgess.  Unfortunately Burgess stuffed that up by wanting to play in the NRL this year and Crowe was the only one willing and able to pay the $500k transfer fee.

Maybe we can let Perry go and sign burgess' two younger brothers next year.  They are also 6' 5\" tall and about 115kg's each.  Big boys who might like to smash their older brother.

There's also Luke Burgess (older then Sam) who plays for Leeds.

The twins George and Tom would still be eligible for U20's

DSM5 link said:
Matabele, just where were you when I needed you most last season?  Surely that wasn't the only match where you noticed those two displaying their football 'skills'.  Anyway, One's gone and the other one, although he can put in some good games now and again, keeps coming up with those defensive blunders.  Perry had a shocker last year and will have to do much much better for me to add my voice to keeping him.  Off to England for Josh.  Soft grounds for a soft prop.
  There are many here who will witness to the fact I've never been much of a Matai supporter.  And by the end of last year I was against Orford getting anything more than 12 more months and was not sad to see him go.  Perry has played 2 decent seasons but has been going around nearly 10.  If he spends this year fat and shagging other players' women he'll be no loss.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=182504.msg252757#msg252757 date=1267223637]
  There are many here who will witness to the fact I've never been much of a Matai supporter.  And by the end of last year I was against Orford getting anything more than 12 more months and was not sad to see him go.  Perry has played 2 decent seasons but has been going around nearly 10.  If he spends this year fat and shagging other players' women he'll be no loss.
[/quote]

As long as they are opposition wives, care factor 0.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6