News: Matt Ballin Re-Signs for 4 yrs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Todd

<p>Manly's horror start to 2009 took a small turn for the better on Thursday with the club re-signing hooker Matt Ballin for a further four years. The 25-year-old scored the opening try in last year's 40-0 NRL grand final victory and has become a first grade regular after replacing Michael Monaghan in the No.9 jersey last season. </p><p>"They gave me an opportunity in the NRL and I am grateful for that - I am happy my future has been settled and I look forward to another great season," Ballin said. Ballin's re-signing comes amid high drama at the club with fullback Brett Stewart stood down by the NRL for four games for his behaviour at last week's club launch. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/matt-ballin-re-signs-for-4-yrs.html">Read the full article</a>

Ballin is a solid performer and I am sure another Manly man for life. He is a good egg and I am sure one day will be classed as amongst the best

I love Matt Ballin. Almost, nah, more, nah.....almost as mucg as Matt Orford.

Call it a hetero-man-crush

Ballin is solid enough but in my opinion needs to go up another level this year and prove that he is better than your average NRL hooker. He needs a bit more variety in his game, be it a running game, kicking game or getting more involved in playmaking. Don't get me wrong I like the guy and he has done no wrong, but I'd like to see him broaden his game and repay a bit of the faith we have placed in him by signing him for 4 years.

Chip & Chase link said:
Ballin is solid enough but in my opinion needs to go up another level this year and prove that he is better than your average NRL hooker. He needs a bit more variety in his game, be it a running game, kicking game or getting more involved in playmaking. Don't get me wrong I like the guy and he has done no wrong, but I'd like to see him broaden his game and repay a bit of the faith we have placed in him by signing him for 4 years.
He certainly doesn't need to prove he is better than average in my opinion. He already proved that. And that is why he was offered 4 years (obviously). I nominated him several months ago as my tip for 2009 Clive Churchill medallist...

Ryan link said:
I love Matt Ballin. Almost, nah, more, nah.....almost as mucg as Matt Orford.

Call it a hetero-man-crush

I did hear of something the other day called a "Bromance", maybe that's what you have. ;D ;D ;D

Cletus link said:
Has Lestrange been signed up too?
hes is off contract end of this season
sadly i dont think we will have the money to keep heathy

that being the case i hope he gets a massive offer from an ESL club, hes a lovely bloke.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7