News: Matt Orford faces pay cut

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div id="article" class="module-content" /><div id="article" class="module-content" /><strong><p class="intro">MATT Orford signed one of the most lucrative deals in NRL history when he joined Manly, but the Sea Eagles captain could be forced to take a big pay cut if he wants to stay at the club.</p></strong>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/matt-orford-faces-pay-cut.html">Read the full article</a>

A man of small stature and little talent.  Off to England please Matty.  Take your 5 metre penalty kicks, 20 metres drops and your lousy goal kicking with you.  Take your erratic attacking skills as well.  And you can have the Dally M medal which I'm still scratching my head to understand just how you earned.  Please leave the 450K paycheck which you haven't earned for the past three seasons.       

(But 30m at knee level)

So what other options for halfback for 2010 might we have?

And who might be captain?

Bring back Beaver?? He'll be playing til he's 45  ;D (maybe not such a bad thing...)

Carney would be good.  But our U20 s are going good so there's talent there.  get Cleal on the job and tell him we're not going to pay overs. 

Orford didn't play his best during many matches for the first half of 08. When we needed him to perform he did. He can't kick goals but I think he's got a lot to offer and will improve his performances is 09 as he did in 08. As for finalising 2010 decisions, let's see how things go in 09 when it counts. I do think we should keep wolfy though.

Crusher is on a mission to locate the other 6 dwarfs to see which one wants to take over from dwarford next year.   

kingyfan link said:
Crusher is on a mission to locate the other 6 dwarfs to see which one wants to take over from dwarford next year.   
In politically correct speak they're not dwarves anymore they're "little people" and  tell Crusher they're located in the forest trying to put moves on Snow White.

niccipops link said:
[quote author=kingyfan link=topic=179943.msg216819#msg216819 date=1238627734]
In politically correct speak they're not dwarves anymore they're "little people" and  tell Crusher they're located in the forest trying to put moves on Snow White.
[/quote]
Sounds like another season launch.

200K is a bit low unless they are looking at evening out his 450K over the last 4 years.

He should get 300-350 to be fair but certainly cant ask for the same again.

niccipops link said:
[/quote]That's funny MB. At least they're in a secret forest so there should be no media to report any misconduct.

kingyfan link said:

shall we move King to Half Back too?

Dan link said:

shall we move King to Half Back too?
[/quote]

If we had 17 Kings we would be 3-0 instead of 0-3

At the moment we have 1 King and 16 queens playing in the team

At pre season training all the talk was about Foran being the "future" of the club - that came from staff at the HQ and Dessie. The problem with that is that he is a 5/8 not a half back. I haven't seen many of the Toyota cup games so how good is Cherry-Evans? He seems to score a lot of points?
Was speaking to Wolfman's Dad the other day and he said there had been offers, but Wolfman wants to stay but Manly haven't spoken to him yet about resigning. He thought nothing would be decided at least for a few months, evidently he wants to put in some big games before discussing his future. He's got to be a better buy than keeping Matty...how many seasons has he got left? We could get 2 for one.

What I would like is Wolfy to get a start in the centres and kill them that position, as a reuslt we could afford to pay more for a centre than a winger - happy days, everyone will be happy.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6