News: McClennan pays tribute to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Zep

Bencher
Leeds Rhinos coach Brian McClennan admitted Manly Sea Eagles fully deserved their 28-20 win in Sunday's World Club Challenge at Elland Road. 

Leeds were looking to become the first side to retain the trophy but McClennan said they had been taught a lesson. 

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/mcclennan-pays-tribute-to-manly.html">Read the full article</a>

You know the English have all impressed me. None of the crap you get here, where the beaten team cries foul and says they should have won, you know like after we beat the Titans at Brookie last year and Friend said the Titans were as good as if not better than us.

In the UK everyone has given credit where it is due. Well done!

I agree Dan. There was no Ricky moments as well.  I thought Leeds played reasonably well with the ball, although losing the fisticuffs.  The problem is the widening gap between ESL and NRL.  We are the closest NRL team playing the ESL style game and combine that with NRL toughness, we won.  To play the ESL game one has to be very fit as it's faster than NRL which relies on the wrestle in the tackle to slow the game down.  When you combine the two games we won at the fitness level and in the wrestle.  A truly fantastic win.

I guess the concern for ESL is that we won in terms of fitness when our team was not match fit with our boys only playing 40 mins so far this year.

I guess they could hvae blown up about some of the referring decisions but accepted the defeat without any historonics.

Having said that watching the replays of their first try again last night I still cannot see how that clown Ganson could have even considered it to be a try let alone award it.

I agree Wheel, if that is how the ref is going to call things this year both the video and in game....it is going to be a very interesting year

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7