News: Moving the goalposts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="content-item" />
<p />THE SEA Eagles could be asked to re-negotiate their lease agreement for Brookvale Oval if a move by three Warringah councillors tonight is successful.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4299-moving-the-goalposts.html">Read the full article</a>

One would think that any renegotiation of the lease would have to come in 4 years time when the existing lease expires.

Seriously the stupidity of this motion is highlighted clearly in this article and the motion in itself cannot be implemented due to contractual obligations etc.

Surely this will be seen as a cyncial and amatuerish attempt to make the Sea Eagles leave the ground so it can be turned into a native habitat for coackroaches, spiders and overgrown weed beds.

It's not as stupid as it sounds wheel.

It is designed specifically to move the Sea Eagles away from Brookvale by the loony Brookvale oval group.

What makes me frustrated more than anything is this Kirsch woman is only a fairly recent arrival in Australia and she chose to settle in Brookvale valley, and then kick up a stink about what has been there since 1947

The thing is she is going about it in a way that will likely force the councils hand and therefore the leagues hand.

Our days at brookie are numbered I am afraid

I knew immediately on reading the broadcast rights clause that it wasn't possible. A simple phone call by this group could have averted an impossible demand being inserted in the Council motion.

A call for 30% of gross gate takings by my quick calculations would probably result in a 100% increase of Council receipts to something like $700k. Add in the 30% of $3M from the broadcast rights and they are looking at jumping from $350k to $1.25M (this makes the season ticket price increase seem paltry).

Tonight will be interesting and my bet is that even if it gets passed there will be a Rescission Motion effected shortly anyway.

The thing that upsets me the most is that they have already forced a complete review of the use of Brookie, and now they persist with what are simply underhanded, petty and sniping tactics to push an agenda.

Their tactic isnt to get realistic figures or effects it is to plant the seed that they can squeeze more blood from the Sea Eagles stone and try to show the Sea Eagles as robbers whilst being a drain on the local council economy even if that is blatantly untrue

It's a tactic that will likely work. You will probably find out tonight that every time the fact that the Sea Eagles don't own the TV rights will be quickly diverted by the people arguing to get a share of that.

Like I say this tactic is pretty smart, and they will just make it too hard for the Sea Eagles to continue out of Brookie.

I hope this woman will be happy to know how many youngsters and others she has robbed of dreams and how much fun she has taken from the world.

Blody dogooders serving their own agenda.

Hopefully the mayor and the rest of the people are smart enough to tell these fools to go jump.

The club should compile a dirt file on the woman before she gathers momentum.  Where did she immigrate from?

From memory of reading a news article South Africa maybe?

Matabele link said:
The club should compile a dirt file on the woman before she gathers momentum.  Where did she immigrate from?

They should get Brett's defence team onto the case to dig up the dirt.

The flaw in her logic is that if she is sucessful in making Manly relocate to CC I would say that she would not be very welcome on the northern beaches by most Manly fans.

Matabele link said:
The club should compile a dirt file on the woman before she gathers momentum.  Where did she immigrate from?

Where did she emigrate from is probably a better turn of phrase :)

She immigrated TO Australia.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4