News: Mundine calls for league's 'slave labour' to strike

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>BOXER Anthony Mundine has described NRL players as ''slave labour'' and called for them to strike for better pay in the wake of Israel Folau's $1.5 million-a-season defection to AFL and the $2m-a-year offer tabled to Sonny Bill Williams to stay with French rugby club Toulon.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4842-mundine-calls-for-leagues-slave-labour-to-strike.html">Read the full article</a>

This idiot is just trying to deflect headlines from him being too gutless to take up the last few fight challenges made to him (they were all offered to be on his own terms).He turned his back on League,wanker,so now he can just go back to fighting no-names he knows he can beat.

Obviously ...

The real reason for Falou being the highest paid AFL player is not because he's the best AFL player.  And the real reason for Mundine's comments is not concern for fellow players... as if doing an American baseball-style strike would help any players.

It's all about promotion ... advertising of your own product.

ayjay007 link said:
This idiot is just trying to deflect headlines from him being too gutless to take up the last few fight challenges made to him (they were all offered to be on his own terms).He turned his back on League,wanker,so now he can just go back to fighting no-names he knows he can beat.

THATS right ajay007 i still want him to  face  danny galea(spelling) in a rematch.. he is a loser.. green showed him how its done & ever since then he hasnt mentioned nothing.. he would have never taken on the fighter green fought..

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
he must have a fight against some no-name coming up

yeah probably danny greens 3rd string spa partner..

What an insult to those who actually are exploited in the workforce! How can players earning upwards of $100K a year be even remotely considered slave labour???

ConcernedSupporter link said:
Well.....it has been a while since he had his name in the paper.
Well, except for Danny Weedler who starts his column every Sunday with the latest on his best mates Choc and Money Bill. All too predictable is our Danny. Mind you, they are probably the last two who still talk to him.

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=ConcernedSupporter link=topic=183494.msg265284#msg265284 date=1275618822]
Well.....it has been a while since he had his name in the paper.
Well, except for Danny Weedler who starts his column every Sunday with the latest on his best mates Choc and Money Bill. All too predictable is our Danny. Mind you, they are probably the last two who still talk to him.
[/quote]

LOL. You can add Willie Mason to Danny's list of weekly completely uninteresting lifestyle updates as well. I think the problem is that Weirdler hasn't written the column the last couple of Sundays (can only hope that is a permanent state of affairs) so Mundane isn't getting his weekly free plug.

DSM5 link said:
Hasn't Mundine beaten Green a couple of times?

yeah that was then this is now ..now he wont have a bar of him after green fought an american boxer & won ..  mundine only fights boxers from underprivileged countries , or guys who arent far of retirement or should be retired lol..

Mundane beat Green a few years ago. Danny had to go through the ringer though to get the fight i.e go down two weight divisions so yes he would kept his power but his speed would have been slower.

There is another quote that Mundane think's he could beat Floyd Mayweather which would be a joke that fight wouldn't last the first round Mayweather would knock him out

jjai link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183494.msg265297#msg265297 date=1275621856]

yeah that was then this is now ..now he wont have a bar of him after green fought an american boxer & won ..  mundine only fights boxers from underprivileged countries , or guys who arent far of retirement or should be retired lol..
[/quote]

God I wish he would fight the Pac-man then

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=183494.msg265303#msg265303 date=1275622621]
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183494.msg265297#msg265297 date=1275621856]

[/quote]

God I wish he would fight the Pac-man then
[/quote]

HE wont fight him because he (PAC) has beaten american boxers also lol..

Wow - DSM5 and Matabele have something in common - they both admire 'The Man'!!  Mundine is all talk. A strike or massive wage increase would send the game broke!!!  Good idea that.

European clubs in all sports are paying 'overs' and have a much bigger market but many are still not far off massive financial ruin.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7