News: New footage emerges of Seymour's drunken night out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rex

Bencher
<p>Mobile phone footage has surfaced from Sharks halfback Brett Seymour's late-night drinking binge on Sunday night, reportedly showing the player in a clearly drunken state.

The footage, obtained by Channel Nine, show the player staggering down the Cronulla mall and falling to the ground with a woman who had been trying to keep him standing.

Other shots taken by the phone show Seymour lying on the ground and roaming the streets without a shirt.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Other-Teams/new-footage-emerges-of-seymours-drunken-night-out.html">Read the full article</a>

When do we find out that the board hasn't stood anyone down?
What time is the NRL meeting?

on the positive side out of all this it takes the attention from B.Stewart somewhat and it will show how incompetant Gallop and the NRL are. But i would not be surprised if Seymore gets a fine and two weeks off just to be ..... "fair"

From Fox Sports:

"Cronulla have banned Brett Seymour for two matches and slapped the Sharks' half-back with a $20,000 fine for bringing the game into disrepute following his alleged drunken bender.

The Sharks official report has been sent to NRL headquarters with the club now awaiting an official response from David Gallop in regards to the ratification of Seymour’s punishment. "

even though the sharks have banned him for 2 matches this incident of drunkedness from a rep[eat offender is far worse than bretts who was not kicked out of anywhere. The NRL have to still give him the extra 2 weeks

don't hold your breath.

Should the Sharks be fined for trying to cover it up this morning before acting *only* when the mobile phone footage was unearthed? 

Wow.  Cronulla's independent investigation into the halfback's behaviour on Sunday night "cleared him of any wrongdoing".
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25207797-2722,00.html
Then Cronulla suspend him for two matches.  If he has been cleared of any wrongdoing, why is he being suspended for two matches then? lol.

The ball's in Gallop's court now.  Whatever shot he chooses to play, it will be funny to watch. My bet is that Gallop has made a deal to compromise halfway (2 weeks). And there will be no Gallop dummy spits about a Super League team being "arrogant". If there were any reporters out there with any balls, they'd have a field-day with the inconsistency.  Are there any? Anywhere?

Matabele link said:
don't hold your breath.

Should the Sharks be fined for trying to cover it up this morning before acting *only* when the mobile phone footage was unearthed? 

My point mainly being that if the NRL dont act Brett has a better chance of getting back on the field sooner

Rex link said:
If he has been cleared of any wrongdoing, why is he being suspended for two matches then? lol.

Clearly because they thought the carpet was large enough to cover the dirt, but they did not reckon on the public vacuum cleaner that is known as the mobile phone. 

The people congratulating Cronulla about setting the standards on stamping out trouble is ticking me off a little. True they've kicked out a couple of players in the past, but what really would they have done with this one if the whole Manly incident hadn't happened? It's easy to pick the winner of the Melbourne cup after the race.

Did you see that chick's copybook tackle on Seymour - Beaver couldn't have done any better. I swear she used to play 2nd row for penrith a few years ago  ;D no wonder they had to black out her face....

Syemour fined and suspended for the incident but no action taken on his misleading conduct and lying, almost under oath?

So Seymour stumbled onto a chick. Isn't he lucky that she hasn't accused him of sexual assault.

Looks like Stewart has weathered the storm. Only good news seems to be coming his way now. Hopefully Bellew can get his suspension overturned. Bellew has a handsome record when it comes to matters involving the Eagles.

The hilarious thing was the blog in the Daily Terrorgraph this morning with Sharks fans congratulating the club for following this up appropriately and then declaring him cleared by CCTV footage. It blew up in their faces big time and some of the smug fans will have more than egg on their faces.

deadlyeagle link said:
on the positive side out of all this it takes the attention from B.Stewart somewhat and it will show how incompetant Gallop and the NRL are. But i would not be surprised if Seymore gets a fine and two weeks off just to be ..... \"fair\"

HA called it

Brett Seymour told teammates two weeks ago that he had drinking problems, his past major significant indiscretions and long-term banishment from the NRL are (all?) associated with alcohol, and Ricky Stuart then took him out on a drinking session!

Meanwhile Cronulla officials presume to pat themselves on the back as they take the high moral ground in simply punishing, rather than helping, their players with the alcohol dependency illnesses that they help cause. And the NRL hold them up as the model for other clubs to follow?  When will Gallop get it? Can he? Simplistic thinking, the serious face he puts on in media interviews, and populist ego-stroking don't solve underlying issues.

Rex link said:
Brett Seymour told teammates two weeks ago that he had drinking problems, his past major significant indiscretions and long-term banishment from the NRL are (all?) associated with alcohol, and Ricky Stuart then took him out on a drinking session!
There are certainly officials and coaches who are at least as damaging to the game as any player.

R Stuart and foolish Freddie are 2 prime examples.

I feel for Seymour.  Three horrible girls basically set him up and then sold the film for three thousand bucks.  Makes me sad that societies come to this.  And Stuart.  Some coach, some role model.  The only good thing to come out of this is the Sharks season is now crap. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2