News: No deal as Manly talks break down

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<div class="article-media"><div class="media-caption"> </div> </div> <span class="story-summary-bold"> TALKS between warring Manly co-owners Max Delmege and Scott Penn have again collapsed, with their latest mediation session proving fruitless. </span>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/3944-no-deal-as-manly-talks-break-down.html">Read the full article</a>

Curious why the Leagues club and the Footy club representatives all consistently side with Delmege and seem to be treating Penn and Mayer as persona non grata.  Especially if Delmege is unwilling to put further funds into buying out Penn or supporting the club, and Penn is.

Rex link said:
Curious why the Leagues club and the Footy club representatives all consistently side with Delmege and seem to be treating Penn and Mayer as persona non grata.  Especially if Delmege is unwilling to put further funds into buying out Penn or supporting the club, and Penn is.

I think it refers to the FC not being able to buy back shares. This is where Kerry Sibraa concerns were in his letter. The screaming eagle membership was in competition with FC membership. Are the CEO and Penn faction trying to get control of the colours, name and where we play, which is currently controlled by the FC? If fans are not buying FC membership then there's no funds to buy back shares? Why can't fans join the FC online on the official website?

I'm not siding with either as at the moment I don't know what to believe. I just don't trust them. Members and fans need the information to decide what's best for the club, but we are being treated like mushrooms.

Rex link said:
Curious why the Leagues club and the Footy club representatives all consistently side with Delmege and seem to be treating Penn and Mayer as persona non grata.  Especially if Delmege is unwilling to put further funds into buying out Penn or supporting the club, and Penn is.

Yes. It's a good question. Loyalty for Max as the originating savior of the club? Anger at the Penns & Grant for seemingly devaluing the Football Club and thereby voiding them of income to possibly buy back shares? Maybe a bit of both or maybe something else that we just don't know about.

Every other club has a membership package tied to its season tickets.  It would be financially disastrous for Manly to not do likewise and Mayer showed leadership to get the Screaming Eagles packages up and running.

The current two package scenario is far from ideal, but the old men should spend more time promoting their own package and giving members some sense of value for their hard-earned, rather than playing pathetic political games that will only present a phyrric victory at best. 

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7