News: NRL blocks Greg Inglis' Rabbitoh move

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<p><span style="color: #000000; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; font-size: 14px;">
<p><span style="color: #000000; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; font-size: 14px;">THE NRL will not sanction Greg Inglis' $1.8 million move to the South Sydney Rabbitohs in another stunning twist in his ugly contract saga.</span></p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5262-nrl-blocks-greg-inglis-rabbitoh-move.html">Read the full article</a>

Big mouth Crowe helps to sink Inglis deal.  LOL 

Now the NRL should investigate how souths have registered Burgess @$250k pa when clearly he is worth $400-$500k a year.  

Are Souths now going to refund the money to all those fans who purchased memberships purely on the back of the 'apparent' Inglis signing?

It is quite funny, however I would liked to have seen the fatty boombah at souffs but only on a legal/legit contract then see souffs have to shed a truck load of players to have him there, finished off by them getting the spoon.  The spoon 2 years in a row for the so called 'best player in league' - now that would have been priceless!

WAMF link said:
Are Souths now going to refund the money to all those fans who purchased memberships purely on the back of the 'apparent' Inglis signing?

And what about the "smart" punters who backed souffs into 2nd favourite for the comp.Done their dough (unless all the other 15 teams get done for salary cap rorting).

I wonder if they have to off load say Taylor whether we would have a crack now that our ownership issues have apparently been sorted

Crowe: "Hi David, why don't you come up to Coffs for a couple of days and we'll talk this through?"

Gallop: "That's a very kind offer, how about next weekend and can Shuey come too."

Crowe: "No problem, the chopper will meet you at the airport."

The Wheel link said:
I wonder if they have to off load say Taylor whether we would have a crack now that our ownership issues have apparently been sorted
  I think there'll need to be ink dry on the share sale contract before Penn does any more of his dough. 

Apparently Gallop said on the radio this morning that the Souths contract hasn't even been lodged at NRL HQ so talk of it being poo poo'd by the NRL is a little premature.

I hope the NRL hang tough on this issues. It's a rort. But they let the Illawarra Dragoons sign Gasnier for a nominal pittance, and I understand Lockyer is registered for only $250,000, so there are others being allowed to rort the system.

On a different matter: With Cuthbo now playing for a reported $50,000 with that mob in red'n'white, is Cronulla paying the remaining $150,000 or so of his inflated contract?
Poor Cronulla, they can't take a trick, but their 'big brother' seems always to get a good deal.

This is a "stinky" business and it's quite obvious that for many the Cap means bugger all, I agree with others it's time for a more meaningful system....perhaps a points system (although that is possibly fraught with danger).

But it's clear that the current system hasn't, and isn't working at 100%

Hold on girlies. Don't blow off too early!

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/60913/official-release-greg-inglis/default.aspx

I don't think the salary cap is so much a rort but you can find out who the really good CEO's are.  Thats of course they aren't doing the off the book cheating stuff that the Storm did but if you could balance your team with front & back end loaded contracts and making use of all the available & legal sponsorship loopholes than you've got a good one on your hands.

I'll be interested in just how Inglis goes under the wing of Mundine.  I've already seen in the Telegraph that he's doing the rounds of Sydney night-clubs and his weight has blown out to 118 Kgs.  My thought is that Inglis has bought the 'bling thing' and, sadly for him, will fade out as a talent in the NRL.  I also read recently that Mundine in relocating to the US, so there goes one of the 'brother' supports..           

This is a smoke and mirrors job. The article will have people believing the NRL, Gallop and Schubert are cracking down on Souths. But in the end he'll be in red and green and the contract will be ratified.

And if Souths don't get their man I  can see the cap being challenged in court.

The most farcical thing about all this is that souffs were always pointing the finger at other clubs and whinging. Now that they been bankrolled by Crowe it's ok. I hope it blows up in crowe's face.

An absolute joke!

I agree swoop, it is amusing that most of the souths supporters' irrational hatred for Manly is built upon our player purchasing form of the 70's and 80's. After 40 years they've seen the light and now it's all sweet. They haven't worked out yet that you have to have a few other things in place also before success follows.

Barry Hyland link said:
On a different matter: With Cuthbo now playing for a reported $50,000 with that mob in red'n'white, is Cronulla paying the remaining $150,000 or so of his inflated contract?
Poor Cronulla, they can't take a trick, but their 'big brother' seems always to get a good deal.

Id imagine that Flanagan has told him that he's not in next years plans, this gives Cuthbo 2 options:

1. Get paid a bunch to play NSW cup; finishing 2011 $200k richer but another year older with zero credibility and no chance of another contract.

2. Quit, sign on minimum wage with a proven team, quality coach and the opportunity to play first grade.

Only one option has Cronulla paying his wage.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6