News: NRL probes alleged salary cap breach involving Gold Coast Titans Skipper Scott Prince

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>THE NRL is investigating an alleged salary cap breach involving Gold Coast Titans skipper Scott Prince.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4674-nrl-probes-alleged-salary-cap-breach-involving-gold-coast-titans-skipper-scott-prince.html">Read the full article</a>

Story lost credibility once you read the builder was involved in a dispute with the Titans over a previous contract. Sounds like a bit of mud slinging.

yeah it did but there could be some truth to it, maybe some of the contractors that havent been paid may front up
maybe some mud will stick

Chip & Chase link said:
Story lost credibility once you read the builder was involved in a dispute with the Titans over a previous contract. Sounds like a bit of mud slinging.

The investigation into the alleged Scott Prince salary cap scandal has deepened, with the builder who made the accusations inviting the NRL to examine his computer and put him on a polygraph.

I hope we don't get dragged into this by default.  It does sound suspiciously similar to something rumoured to have secured the services of Offord when Souths were chasing him.  If the Titans get caught red handed they may try to squeal about precedents. 

Chip & Chase link said:

It was the same sort of thing that undid the Bulldogs too.

Never underestimate a pissed off employee/ex-employee/business associate

I'd feel better if the NRL used an independent auditor rather than the in-house Shubert.  Seems weird to me that the NRL use a NRL paid auditor looking at NRL controlled entities.  Conflict of interest? 

Matabele link said:
Schubert was an ugly, plodding prop who played for Wests.  Little has changed.

I doubt Ian Schubert ever played prop. He started out in the backs and ended up as 2nd row / lock. Played a season or two for the mighty Sea Eagles too.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182836.msg257435#msg257435 date=1269853841]
Schubert was an ugly, plodding prop who played for Wests.  Little has changed.

I doubt Ian Schubert ever played prop. He started out in the backs and ended up as 2nd row / lock. Played a season or two for the mighty Sea Eagles too.
[/quote] Apologies, I had him confused with Ian Freeman.  He did however captain the Magpies to a wooden spoon in 1987.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6