News: NRL: Sea Eagles 40-minute madness

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

deadlyeagle

Reserve Grader
<p>MANLY’S Origin hopefuls will be robbed of a final chance to impress selectors for a spot in the NSW team when they play Parramatta at Brookvale Oval on Monday night.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4756-nrl-sea-eagles-40-minute-madness.html">Read the full article</a>

deadlyeagle link said:
<p>MANLY’S Origin hopefuls will be robbed of a final chance to impress selectors for a spot in the NSW team when they play Parramatta at Brookvale Oval on Monday night.</p>

<a href=\"http://www.silvertails.net/news/4756-nrl-sea-eagles-40-minute-madness.html\">Read the full article</a>
Picking the Origin side at half-time might actually work in our blokes' favour, considering our first half form this year.

How many SOO bolters are we likely to have?

I mean Lyon, Watmough and Perry have already apparently got spots, the only other options I see are G.Stewart and Kite. Oh and perhaps Ballin, but his spot wont be based on his performance in this game, rather on Smiths injury.

At least we know hayne will only play the first 40 minutes......

If the selectors are changing their decision on the last 40 minutes of football then we should sack them.

Of course they should already be sacked considering how many series we've won recently.

ads link said:
Of course they should already be sacked considering how many series we've won recently.

Do you really expect them to pick a winning side when they continue to pick Kidley in the starting line up in the fullback position and also as captain?  How the hell can the supporters of NSW expect to have a winning team when the team selectors keep picking him in those roles when at best he should only be a bench player for his utility value (and yes, I know I'm preaching to the choir on this subject).

This would be my team:-

01. Jared Hayne
02. Josh Morris
03. Timanah Tahu
04. Jamie Lyon (c)
05. Brett Morris
06. Greg Bird
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
09. Michael Ennis
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Paul Gallen
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Josh Dugan
15. Michael Weyman
16. David Shillington
17. Luke O'Donnell

Youth.....and experience.

Dugan is a fullback and fullback only.

I would look elsewhere besides Tahu as well. Even Idris had it all over him the other week

No of course not, but neither would Tahu. That was my point that even Idris could get on top of Tahu.

I think we would more likely go for a combo of someone like Jennings and Lyon, speed and skill.

Anyone notice my error in the team?? Not particularly a player preference - just an error?

Jethro link said:
[quote author=ads link=topic=183291.msg262339#msg262339 date=1273630868]

Do you really expect them to pick a winning side when they continue to pick Kidley in the starting line up in the fullback position and also as captain?  How the hell can the supporters of NSW expect to have a winning team when the team selectors keep picking him in those roles when at best he should only be a bench player for his utility value (and yes, I know I'm preaching to the choir on this subject).
[/quote]

I hear you.... and as part of the choir I applaud your effort (well your post at least). Gidley is a large part of why we've lost the previous series. Him and Bellamy.

Ryan link said:
Anyone notice my error in the team?? Not particularly a player preference - just an error?
One of your players will be playing for the opposition.  :p

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183291.msg262377#msg262377 date=1273661930]
One of your players will be playing for the opposition.  :p
[/quote]

Correct mon-sir

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4