News: NRL told to ditch plans for Perth, Adelaide expansion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
THE NRL is set to remain national in name only after an independent report revealed having teams in Adelaide and Perth would do little to increase the game's value as a television product.

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/3903-nrl-told-to-ditch-plans-for-perth-adelaide-expansion.html">Read the full article</a>

Is Grant saying that Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited stumps up $14 million every year? That would really surprise me.

Warren Smith wants a Perth team, so we are likely to see one there anyway.

wonder if they had included melbourne if the result would have been any different, i suspect not

They (NRL) should get serious about this, as obviously the Sharks have no future - even we can see that.

I can not see Adeliade as a viable prospect in the near future.
I think two teams leaving sydney is a real possibility, the Sharks are clsoe to being the first.
In the next five years I would like to see a team in Perth, the Central Coast, possibly another team in Brisbane and another in NZ which doing this would ensure we have a complete dominance over the East Coast and begin to make the game truly national, including NZ our, seventh state.
If the Kiwis had a team on the north Island and one on the South, there is nothing stopping them from staging their own form of Origin, bro.

Melbourne games are televised after midnight as they do not rate highly enough to get prime time. If you cannot get enough interest in a city of 4 million and have to prop up a team to the tune of 4 or 5 million a year in the Storm, what makes them think they can run a team in Adelaide or Perth?  Noone in the Southern States even knows the difference between League and Union let alone is interested in the comp. They might go once for the novelty value but apart from a hard core of die-hard supporters (mostly from NSW/QLD) there is zero interest.

The problem is the gutless attitude of Gallop and the rest of them.  Force 9 to put the games on at a decent hour and you would generate interest.  The NRL have just rolled over on this one for years.  Publicity generates interest and to put games on at midnight just defies belief. 

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6