News: NRL vetoes Bulldogs sponsor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<div id="post_message_5544639">THE Bulldogs have been told by the NRL that they cannot wear the name of the club's new major sponsor on their jerseys for Monday night's clash with South Sydney - and might have to scrap the $2 million deal altogether.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/nrl-vetoes-bulldogs-sponsor.html">Read the full article</a>

I wouldn't be surprised that clauses relating to club and player behaviour affecting sponsors becomes common place. It is hard to quantify and would be difficult at law but I can see sponsor concerns. Looking at Strathfield's businesses I think the NRL is harsh in their decision.

Didn't they do the same thing to us either last year or the year before when we tried to have some betting agency as a sponsor?

yeah they denied us a sponsorship because it was a betting agency

The betting thing is really pissing me off

I also saw a couple of weeks back they stopped Minichiello getting 50k as the face of a betting company

The thing that really annoys me on all this is that they have no issue at all with Channel 9 having Rabs really pushing the live betting odds at every opportunity

So if the NRL are sponsored by Tooheys and Bundaberg, why are teams like the Roosters and Broncos allowed to sign major sponsorship deals with alcohol companies?

Another example of how the incestuous little NRL / News / PBL (Ch9) / Telstra arrangement is preventing the game from going forward. If the game wants to succeed the NRL needs to become a wholly owned and independantly run entity, not a half baked job with a muppet like Gallop in charge.

Great call C&C. 

... but I don't like hearing you say Gallop is a muppet.

I prefer News Ltd muppet.

This quote came out of an artical on the SMH website

"There is only one industry that is off-limits for the clubs and that's telecommunications," Kind said. "They all know about the terms of Telstra's deal and we even pay the clubs a significant figure annually as recognition of the fact they can't negotiate in this area."

So if thats the case why couldn't we have a betting agency last year???

missing_something link said:
This quote came out of an artical on the SMH website

\"There is only one industry that is off-limits for the clubs and that's telecommunications,\" Kind said. \"They all know about the terms of Telstra's deal and we even pay the clubs a significant figure annually as recognition of the fact they can't negotiate in this area.\"

So if thats the case why couldn't we have a betting agency last year???

You should already know the answer to that i.e. There is one set of rules for Manly and another set of rules for everybody else.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4