News: NRL welcome Liberal Party policy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<p><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 16px; color: #000000;">The National Rugby League has welcomed a commitment from the NSW Opposition Leader the Hon Barry O’Farrell that would give leagues clubs greater opportunity to support football clubs. </span></p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5346-nrl-welcome-liberal-party-policy.html">Read the full article</a>

I support probably any move to help our club, but as usual Barry is very short on detail. If he has released how it will work it isn't showing on his web site. I guess there is little difference between a straight grant to a club (such as for stadium improvements) from the State government, or a similar effect by individual clubs gaining a tax reduction by investing dollars they have generated.

I'd say the policy (in depth) would be far too in depth to post in a news article mate. I DO know that he has suggested to me in an E-mail, that his government supports a vast upgrade of Brookvale Oval (kept for whatever reason I find necessary :))) Hehehehe...

My problem is that his local government has done nothing forever in the Northern Beaches area, because they became complacent (just KNEW they'd be voted in). Lets face it, Bishop / Abbott have a lot to answer for. Poor infrastructure. Poor capital investment. Poor decisions and ability to control state leaders re: Frenchs Forest hospital / widening of Spit Bridge etc.

The Northern Beaches is a dinosaur these days.

Some positive news for a change and people still find something to whinge about. 

Lets blame old bazza for Abbott and Bishops failings.  Lets also blame him for not upgrading brookie oval and the northern beaches even though he has been in opposition for the past 14 years. 

He is also to blame for Brisbanes floods, cyclone Yasi and the bushfires.  No way I am voting for him.  Lets keep him in opposition so that we can blame him for everything. 

And besides he might just turn out to be another John Howard and we cannot take the risk.

tookey link said:
Some positive news for a change and people still find something to whinge about. 

Lets blame old bazza for Abbott and Bishops failings.  Lets also blame him for not upgrading brookie oval and the northern beaches even though he has been in opposition for the past 14 years. 

He is also to blame for Brisbanes floods, cyclone Yasi and the bushfires.  No way I am voting for him.  Lets keep him in opposition so that we can blame him for everything. 

And besides he might just turn out to be another John Howard and we cannot take the risk.

Get a grip tooks!!!

I have no problem with his possible election, just that he takes forever to have a policy and when he does there so little detail no one knows what it means. Same this time. So how it is a positive is anyon'e guess. At least a grant to improve Brookie improves a community asset (owned by Council). What does this do?

ManlyBacker link said:
I support probably any move to help our club, but as usual Barry is very short on detail. If he has released how it will work it isn't showing on his web site. I guess there is little difference between a straight grant to a club (such as for stadium improvements) from the State government, or a similar effect by individual clubs gaining a tax reduction by investing dollars they have generated.

I wish Kristina would provide more detail when she apologises for the Labor government that "lost its way".  I'm not quite sure which scandal/monumental waste of money/other failure she is talking about.  Full marks for getting in on the "Government that lost its way" before Julia registered the IP rights though.

I can't wait for "now its time for the real Kristina!!".  Moving forward...

anyone who puts their faith in barry is bound to be jsut as dissapointed as the would with kristina

the northern beaches is a safe Liberal seat which means that we will never receive much of the funding pie no matter which party is in power.

But at least O'farrell deserves a change to govern for 12 months before everyone starts bagging him.  I am sure the current government is hiding a lot of problems.

Looking at the likely front bench for the Liberals if they win, I actually think the Beaches and North Shore will finally get some funding.

Drop the poker machine tax as well Barry and let ALL the funds flow through!

Oh hang on I forgot.....governments of all persuasions are so addicted to taxes from booze, smokes and poker ,machines that this will never happen.

I shouldn't really comment, you have Kristina, we have Anna...Mmm not much different there either!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Drop the poker machine tax as well Barry and let ALL the funds flow through!

Oh hang on I forgot.....governments of all persuasions are so addicted to taxes from booze, smokes and poker ,machines that this will never happen.

I shouldn't really comment, you have Kristina, we have Anna...Mmm not much different there either!

Yes there is a big dofference between the two.  At least Kristina has insured the NSW state governments assets in case of a disaster unlike Anna who didn't insure queensland's assets and now most of us have to pay a levy because of her incompetance.

Even better - she actually sold a lot of them off so she doesn't even have to worry about insurance!

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=186375.msg314386#msg314386 date=1297027231]

Get a grip tooks!!!

I have no problem with his possible election, just that he takes forever to have a policy and when he does there so little detail no one knows what it means. Same this time. So how it is a positive is anyon'e guess. At least a grant to improve Brookie improves a community asset (owned by Council). What does this do?
[/quote]

If I was advising the opposition, I would tell them that not knowing how bad the budget situation is, that given they will win anyway they should promise as little as possible, and give out as little in the way of detail as possible. This way they will not have to break promises when it turns out it is all much worse then we thought.

I think someone is already doing that rusty.

NSW is screwed no matter who is in power, we pay 10% gst but get less than 8% back into the state.

I think Thomas should get in Kristina's ear and get an increase of Brookie funding promised.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I thought Anna was impressive during the flood and cyclone emergencies and people will remember this come election time.

Fluffy link said:
I think someone is already doing that rusty.

NSW is screwed no matter who is in power, we pay 10% gst but get less than 8% back into the state.

I think Thomas should get in Kristina's ear and get an increase of Brookie funding promised.

According to your post NSW loses 20% of GST revenues in the redistribution of the GST to the states. You're kidding right?

For 2011-12 NSW will receive 15.4 billion of the 16.1 billion raised in GST revenues. They lost 695 million which amounts to about 4.3% of total GST revenues raised in NSW. As a comparison WA received only 3.7 billion of the 5.2 billion raised in that state (mining boom).

You will always get inflated figures from NSW politicians as it is their annual excuse for their pathetic performances. Unfortunately for the residents of NSW the formulae for calculating the redistribution of GST revenues to the states does not factor in poor fiscal magement.

Utility Player link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=186375.msg314422#msg314422 date=1297042759]
I thought Anna was impressive during the flood and cyclone emergencies and people will remember this come election time.
[/quote]

A dog turd would look impressive standing next to Gillard.

Bligh and her government are to blame for the floods in Brisbane as they didn't release sufficient water from Wivenhoe dam when they knew days before the flood that there was a major rain event building up. 

http://mybiz.optus.com.au/news/top/news-com-au/leaked-emails-blame-dam-releases-for-brisbane-floods/282651

Jonesyv2 link said:
Looking at the likely front bench for the Liberals if they win, I actually think the Beaches and North Shore will finally get some funding.

Completely agree with this. Every MP on the Northern Beaches and North Shore has a seat on the future Cabinet of NSW. Every single one of them: Rob Stokes (Environment), Brad Hazzard (Planning and Housing), Mike Baird (Treasurer and Manly Supporter), Barry himself, Jillian Skinner (Health), Anthony Roberts (Finance I think), Greg Smith (Attorney - General). On top of this we also have Grahem Annesley running for the Liberals in Miranda, a seat he lost in 2007 by only 603 votes. What more could NRL clubs and the Northern Beaches ask for?

Get it together here people. We have been decimated by a Labor Government who only cares about "their people" and can't look after them either. If the people of NSW fall for Kristina's "we'll do better next time, I promise" bulls**t again, like they did when Morris said the exact same thing 4 years ago (remember "There's work to do but we're heading in the right direction"?) they deserve to lose everything they have. I for one won't be a part of it and will move to Victoria. At least they saw the writing on the wall and did something about it.

I was undecided, but now I'm definitely voting for Labor, if it means Jono will move out of NSW.  ;D

Have fun supporting The Storm Jono  :-[

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8