News: Official View: Video referee dropped

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Doesn't change the result but at least shows it is taken seriously. Quite possibly cost us the 2 points.

Yes and what happens next time we get simpkins as the video ref, same old rubbish. Can anyone remember the last time he actually gave a call our way. He sits up in the box at Brookie laughing at the rubbish decisions he dishes out to us, thinks it is all a great joke.

So they've dropped the idiot. Does'nt give us the two points though. He's patently a cheat and should'nt be allowed anywhere near the video refs. box again.

He's only been stood down? I wonder if his pay will get docked for this? He should be made to apologise to Manly.

he probably wouldnt have been offiaciating this week as there is only 4 or 5 games...he should have been stripped his pay cheque!
On another note - should there be a Coaches Challenge system?

Isn't this always the same out come for the refs? They got dropped for a week and thats that. What do they have to fear if this is all that happens to them?

He gets a week off in a week he's not needed as there's only 4 games. Oooh er. I bet he still gets paid.

I'd prefer to see Manly get two competition points and this clown put in stocks in the Corso for half a day.

Stood down in a week he probably wouldnt have been working anyway.

I would have preferred "won't be assigned to officiate a manly game again in 2011"

Happy enough with the outright admission that he got it wrong. Wouldn't have seen that under Finch. Why he could be so stupid to get a call like that wrong in the first place is another matter.

I've got to respect their candid and public post mortems on controversial decisions, at least it shows they have nothing to hide. I think this is a step forward on the head in the sand "deny everything" attitude we've had for the last few years.

I have to agree C&C.

While it is really disappointing that such poor decisions are still being made, I think this approach is far more likely over the long term to improve refereeing performances than Finch's seige mentality approach, which just made the refs think they could do no wrong.

I still hate Bill Harrigan though!

While I complimented him above, it looks like Harrigan is still finding new ways to demonstrate what a wanker he is:

http://www.billharrigan.com.au/

Where are our bloody two points you incompetent fools. I do agree that it was handled correctly but such a bad decision should have the Ref dropped for more then 1 week.

Man i thought Finch was bad.I didnt expect Cement truck to be much better and i was right.Heres one for tommorrows DT back page.Hollywood Cement Harrigan found delirious with hair gel around his anus and dumped naked in front of News Ltd headquarters with traitor tattooed on his forehead.NRL referees in CRISIS.This could easily be arranged.

Matabele said:
Yes, it's like convicting people of a crime and releasing them to do it again. It's fantastic.

The first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have one. Of course I'd rather see the numpty responsible sacked for outright gross incompetence, but that was never going to happen. Small steps on what seems the right path.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2