News on the side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
"Manly coach Des Hasler is believed to have cut Adam Cuthbertson and Vic Mauro from his bench in favour of Jared Waerea-Hargreaves for their clash with Gold Coast tomorrow.

Jamie Lyon is still a week away from returning from a shoulder problem, while Jason King might only miss the next two matches due to a rib injury."

I thought you were about to criticize my little widget thingy I built on the right hand side :)

thank god.

Last week JWH was really effing good. Like I say watch for his right to left long pass, its a cracker and really natural. Wish he wasnt going he has some improvement in him as he grows up, but I have no doubt we will hear his name again

LOL, I would never critisize this site Dan

We didn't get the 20s over here last week

My main concern with JWH is that other than big shoulder charges, we haven't seen him tackle yet. Hope he goes well though. I doubt Des will give him the license to throw that long pass

JWH was useless last week in a team that won by 1,000 points

didn't make any damaging runs, was slow in defence and gave away a couple of penalties.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
LOL, I would never critisize this site Dan

We didn't get the 20s over here last week

My main concern with JWH is that other than big shoulder charges, we haven't seen him tackle yet. Hope he goes well though. I doubt Des will give him the license to throw that long pass

I would agree with that. He does a fair bit in 20's and often comes up with some good defensive cover ups so dont write him off yet.

This is the perfect week to test him and I expect prince and Rogers to break the line a fair bit, with Campbell sniffing around, I hope to see JWH clean them up before they get the offload out

Both JWH and Cuthbo are crap and offer nothing constructive.  They both miss tackles, are slow laterally and rely of a flash play when solid hard work is required.  And they both give away penalties.  Mauro would have been my pick. 

Even though he hasn't set the world on fire I still slightly excited when JWH's name is mentioned.

I know it doesn't mean much but he looks like a guy who can do something good. A huge frame like his and the energy of a young lad, coming off the bench would be the best role for him.

He just needs to be vocal, get involved and not overplay his hand. Hopefully Foran's presence in the team will do him good.

I must say that JWH comes across as a really nice guy. He took the time last Sunday to day g'day to my son and sign his footy at the leagues club! Some of the 1st grade players looked as though they wanted to be anywhere but at the leagues club!

DVS Matt link said:
JWH was useless last week in a team that won by 1,000 points

didn't make any damaging runs, was slow in defence and gave away a couple of penalties.

Yeah I watched that game on Fox as well - I had exactly the same opinion.

News on the side: My father died this morning from heart failure

missing_something link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=181577.msg239811#msg239811 date=1252114278]

that’s really sad man, my condolences
[/quote]

Thanks mate

Jethro link said:

Very sorry to hear it Jethro and I'm sure everyone sends you and your family their very best wishes.

Its a strange day - about half an hour ago I received a text message to let me know that my aunty had suffered a massive heart attack last weekend, survived it, had a pacemaker fitted and was now back at home and OK  ???
My dad died 4 months ago so I really know what you and the jethro family must be going through - hang in there mate and a time for family and being grateful for everything your Dad was....

Doesn't hurt to watch the footie tonight too to take your mind briefly off your Dad, and lets hope those Titans suffer a few metaphorical heart attacks from 7.30pm onwards too haha - am I sailing too close to the wind with my dodgy humour Jethro?  ;)

So very sorry Jethro for your loss mate.I lost one of my best mates last sunday,just try and think of the fantastic years you had with him.Hopefully a win tonight will ease the pain for 80 mins at least..Thoughts are with you buddy

Thank you all for your kind words

Really sorry to hear that mate, what you are going through is the day I fear more than anything else.

Leanne and my thoughts are with you mate.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6