News: Other sport groups eye Sea Eagles green grass of home

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="content-item" />
<p>A REPORT commissioned by Warringah Council has identified the potential for the Manly Marlins, junior rugby league and even frisbee to call Brookvale Oval home.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4879-other-sport-groups-eye-sea-eagles-green-grass-of-home.html">Read the full article</a>

the nrl will love this, brookie isn't ready to play because of a rough game between the Freshwater Flippers and the Seaforth Swishers in the Frisbee game of the round.  :)

So the council in their wisdom, are prepared to fork out 125k so that the ground can be used for an additional 5 hrs a week during the footy season?

Are they completely mad?

All the expense of meetings and proposals and investigations and community consultation and this is the best Warringah council could come up with? bwahahahaha

My opinion is that we have to get use to other codes/group using and sharing the Brookie facilities if we are any hope of getting it redeveloped to the standard the club needs.

It is of a concern that Zorba has come out and rejected it completely what was needed was a more collaborative approach and use this as an opportunity to get a commitment that the WSC will push hard for more funding

The Wheel link said:
My opinion is that we have to get use to other codes/group using and sharing the Brookie facilities if we are any hope of getting it redeveloped to the standard the club needs.

thats the only reason wheel.. because we(sea eagles) will benefit ..from the upgrades..
lol frisbee  comp  im sure they will get 15,000  bums on the seats for  that  ::)..

It is the entire site that should be redeveloped to allow for more community use, not necessarily the actual playing field. The field playing surface has been copping heaps of criticism recently as being too 'heavy', so unless that is rectified then extra traffic would be untenable.

Ahh Zorba you've done it again.

Can you imagine the headlines if some young bloke from the Marlins (I mean after moving into Brookie) makes it to the NRL, something along the lines of
"Joe Bloggs making himself right at home at Brookie"
etc.
It would be such positive news for Manly

I am all for other groups using Brookvale, as long as it comes with funding to upgrade the surface to allow it to happen. The SFS and ANZ allows multiple use in short spaces of time due to the fact that the surface is designed for this.
Remember, this is a council facility, not a corporately owned sporting ground, so the Sea Eagles have to be willing to negotiate. 
I assume that one of the reasons that use of the ground is prohibited for a period of time prior to an NRL match is because the surface is not up to scratch as it stands at the moment.
The more groups that use the facility, the better the case for government funding for an upgrade of, not just the playing surface, but the infrastructure as well.
And if it means the club generates goodwill by allowing frisbee enthusiasts to use the surface, then thats even better. Along with friends and family, another 100 residents who will be happy for funding to be allocated to an upgrade of the stands.
This is all based on the premise that this additional use is accompanied by funding to improve the surface first. 

Peter Peters really knows how to win friends and influence people. You want further upgrades to Brookvale from a cooperative council - so you tar them all with the same brush (as Ms Kuntsch) and attack the lot of them by implication.

Well done Peter, you can join young Anthony in the doghouse.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6