News: Path cleared for rugby league commission

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p class="first">Rugby league is on the cusp of a bold new era with the game's co-owners finally clearing the way for the establishment of an independent commission.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5290-path-cleared-for-rugby-league-commission.html">Read the full article</a>

Yeah right with Gallop at the top.The lawyer who fought against Arko and the league.I couldnt even begin to imagine the stress on the Manly Godfather and on his family that Gallop and his employer put on them for a prolonged period during the hijacking of the game.Another sad day for the game that the working class have made what it was.

To plagiarise the old Bard – a commission by any other name would still smell as bad.

No point changing the name unless changing the current practices.

Understatement of the year, but at least it's being said:

"The media giant's involvement in the rugby league has been seen as an impediment to the game achieving the best possible deal in broadcast rights negotiations, while their ownership of clubs within the NRL was also viewed as a conflict of interest."

The importance of the word "independent" in Independent Commission is independence from the scourge of News Ltd.

To bad about Gallop.  He's very ordinary.  Just a corporate jobbing lawyer, and not one that was very well regarded.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6