News: Penn backs Delmege selling out of Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="content-item" />
<p>MAX Delmege’s decision to sell his share in the Sea Eagles is a positive move for the club, co-owner Scott Penn said.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5246-penn-backs-delmege-selling-out-of-eagles.html">Read the full article</a>

“We need to move forward as a club,” Mr Penn said. “Having dysfunction at any organisation is not productive and when there are two groups that didn’t see eye to eye, it can be hard for the club
...............................................................................................
Yes we do Mr Penn so why dont u do teh same and look at the future not whats happend.Hey while your at it get the media manager (uncle) to do something pro active about it all. Surely there are positives out of this we can sprook about, if not **** we are going bad.

Grant Mayer has apparently gotten 3million worth of sponsorship for the GWS team for 2011 and they dont even play a game

Awesome - Philip Sidney is my favourite 16th century poet!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Sidney

Frogz link said:
...............................................................................................
Yes we do Mr Penn so why dont u do teh same and look at the future not whats happend.
  Because he'll have to pick up the pieces of the smoking ruin left by Delmege's insatiable ego and the deeds done by his boardroom lackeys (refer Mayer's efforts for GWS above). 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Frogz link=topic=185968.msg306427#msg306427 date=1289978012]

Mate you are kidding arent you. qusetioning Max Delmeges credentials. If not for him this site wouldnt be happening cause we would have nothing. And you really think Penn is the saviour of our time. **** me. Its all Penns now.
Yes we do Mr Penn so why dont u do teh same and look at the future not whats happend.
  Because he'll have to pick up the pieces of the smoking ruin left by Delmege's insatiable ego and the deeds done by his boardroom lackeys (refer Mayer's efforts for GWS above). 
[/quote]

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289986135[/time]

Frogz link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=185968.msg306452#msg306452 date=1289985451]
[quote author=Frogz link=topic=185968.msg306427#msg306427 date=1289978012]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Mate you are kidding arent you. qusetioning Max Delmeges credentials. If not for him this site wouldnt be happening cause we would have nothing. And you really think Penn is the saviour of our time. f**k me. Its all Penns now.

Frogz link said:
Mate you are kidding arent you. qusetioning Max Delmeges credentials. If not for him this site wouldnt be happening cause we would have nothing. And you really think Penn is the saviour of our time. f**k me. Its all Penns now.
I'm not kidding.  I also know how to punctuate my sentences. 

So you r a dickhead then and probably think G. Lowe is the best CEo we have ever had

My old dad is nearly 80 years old. He has been a fanatical Manly fan since they entered the comp.
Nothing I can write hear can express how much having a team in the comp means to him and his quality of life.
That difference in his life is down to Max Delmege stepping in to give us a team to support.
It would show some good grace to treat Max Delmege with some dignity and gratitude at this time.

Max comes from a time where earning money meant alot,it earnt respect but noone would dare ask your income

Scott came from a time when Beta was cool,as well as the apple mac and MTV was telling everyone it was cool to know what everyone is worth

The problem came when Max and not his ego but his pride got in the way of telling Scott that he was a little strapped for cash,they then bickered about whos way of making our club great was better,unlike our privately owned Souths,both are bussinessmen,theres not a bussinessman and a face,its just 2 bussinessmen wanting the best for our club,unfortunatly it looks as if Max's financial situation has made him give up part of his heart

Scott Penn,with all due respect,please shut the **** up about Max,your comments lacked class and did not need saying,we know he pissed you off,bite your tongue and much later,write a book to tell the world how you feel about Max Delmage,im sure he will write one to when the time is right

Seems to be a very good result to no longer have the Penn/Delmege feud.

Sadly Penn's comments are definitely not the words of a statesman.  Lacking in class.  The mean-spirited nature of them do far more damage to Penn than they could possibly do to their apparent target - Delmege. It's like a new sponsor coming in and bad-mouthing an old sponsor.  Why do it?  Only makes you look bad. Just poor form.

I am a fan of Mayers but Kermit the Frog could have sourced 3 million worth of sponsorship for GWS.

The sponsors will get a return on their funds before a game is even close to being played.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Frogz link=topic=185968.msg306454#msg306454 date=1289986096]

I'm not kidding.  I also know how to punctuate my sentences. 
[/quote]

Like it or not Delmege saved the club and pumped 15mil into it for little or no return. What happened after that is irrevelant because without Delmege the club would of folded. You can't even credit him for that.

The boardroom stoush was played out in the media by both sides. We all know Delmege had cashflow problems after the GFC and surely the Penn's knew aswell.

So basically as I see, it was a push by the Penn's to takeover the Delmege stakes of the club which was fine but poorly handled. Things went pear-shaped and we all saw the results played out  in the media.

Now, I am not privy to any inside info but I think if it were handled/negotiated better without putting pressure on Delmege to sell (by leaking delmege's debts to the media) the outcome might have been different.

Now, I've never favoured one side over another, my issue was with the constant negative attack on Delmege by a few posters.

The change in ownership is huge news. Fresh input from another entity, and an end to the boardroom loggerheads, should provide an exciting opportunity for a smoother path forward.

By the way, what exactly did Penn say wrong? Was it supposed to be a secret that there has been dysfunction on the board? Most likely his comment about dysfunction was in answer to a fairly obvious question. I don't get it ... but whatever. Hope this hypersensitivity quickly becomes a thing of the past.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4