News: Penn goes extra mile

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="articleBody" />
<p>MICHAEL SEARLE'S invitation describes it as ''one of the most significant meetings in the game's recent history''. So significant that Manly co-owner Scott Penn - now in the US on business - will fly in just to be there, then jet straight back after the crucial meeting.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4483-penn-goes-extra-mile.html">Read the full article</a>

The most burning question on the future of the game:

"However, perhaps the most pressing question will be what course to take if News Ltd and the ARL continue to stall. Should the clubs then take matters into their own hands?"

Appropriately, Gallop & co are not on the guest list because of their "ethical conflict".

Benefits:

1.  Immediate $10 to $12 million (estimate) in savings from stopping News Ltd's annual leaching of profits and from dumping inefficiencies. 

2.  Get the true market value at the next TV rights deal.

3.  Take back control of the game

4.  Even playing field means News Ltd teams don't get their massive leg-up.

Downsides:

1.  ... um ...

Rex link said:
Downsides:

1.  ... um ...

1. The same old poor performers still seem to be in the spotlight for the top positions.

2. Just how far will the new commission go in getting rid of the multitude of administrative layers that infect RL?

3. It will give a lot of power to the lead clubs who will probably form a type of blocking cartel - but I can live with that so long as it doesn't come back to bite Manly.

I'll bet Penn is flying in because if the game is freed of NEws Ltd he's a better chance of seeing some return from his current Manly philanthropy.

I hope Scott receives in profit return the same % of the capital he injects. That is all.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4