News: Perry has thoughts of Knights comeback

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p class="cT-storyDetails cfix">TWO-TIME premiership-winning Manly prop Josh Perry would consider returning home and rejoining the Newcastle Knights if he cannot agree to terms to stay with the Sea Eagles.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4656-perry-has-thoughts-of-knights-comeback.html">Read the full article</a>

On his latest form Perry has a real hide wanting three years.  Two max, and an assist to England for mine.  And he'd better start pulling his weight making some metres.

With the form he's shown this year he's lucky they are even offering him 2 years.

The Knights may be keen on getting him with all their troubles. I know he gave away penalties last weekend but I thought his enthusiasm was up. 2 years is the only serious period that could be offered but he needs to show plenty over the next 6 weeks for even that to be considered.

THERE has been talk this week from the peninsula that in-form Manly prop Josh Perry could find himself back up the F3 at Newcastle next season.

Perry and the Sea Eagles have reached an unfortunate stalemate in their negotiations, with the club only wanting to grant a two-year extension while the NSW Origin bookend is adamant he won't settle for anything shorter than a three-year deal.

While the Knights would shape as a natural given it is Perry's junior club and hard-up for big men after the loss of Danny Wicks and Chris Houston, we've been told the 29-year-old is now loath to play against his current Sea Eagles teammates.

An NRL black-out would leave England as Perry's only option. Talks in the Old Dart have already began, but we'd be surprised if they include Hull KR. That's the home of another ex-Knight Clint Newton, Perry's ex-best mate. The pair fell out spectacularly over a woman two years ago and haven't spoken since.

Josh Massoud and James Phelps From: The Daily Telegraph

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4